Wife pregnent. Uegent medical examination question. Please help!!

Kamalhasan

Registered Users (C)
We just concluded our medical exam from an INS approved doctor. She said a couple of things that caught my attention:
1. TB skin test: If it comes positive for my wife (she cannot be X-Rayed due to pregnency) the INS WILL send and RFE and may wait till she is cleared through X-Ray. Her Gynoc. said that because of her pregnecy there is a good chance that she will get false positive.
2. Her Vaccinationes are waived due to condition. However the doctor said that she may be asked (after delivery) to get the vaccinations before she is awarded the GC.

Did anyone have similar experiences?

Thanks
Kamalhasan

INS Will Issue RFE for Vaccinations and TB Test

File the 485 petition with the results you have now. The INS will issue an RFE for the vaccinations and X Ray/Skin test. In my case, I did not take the skin test and vaccinations and the INS issued an RFE. I went back to the same INS Physician and completed the form again, send the reply to RFE.

Get the exam what ever doctor does

Same is the case with people I know. They didn\'t take X-ray and vaccianations during pregnancy. Skin test would be +ve for almost all Indians. So don\'t worry about that. For that you may get RFE for medical exam before the final approval. Hope this helps.

Similar experience for my wife

My wife did get her skin test done and fortunately it came negative. Her shots were waived at that time.

We were lucky that we did not get any RFE at the time of 485 processing and her application was approved.

INS don\'t care much about Vaccinationes, but they want X-ray to make sure no TB +ve condition

my TB skin test +ve and I did not take Vaccinationes(due to same reason), INS sent RFE for X-ray but not
vaccinations, also hospital short of TD right now, even take MMR, still can\'t complete what they aksed for.

Better be safe

I was in ur same position. My wife did not take skin test and vaccinations during pregnancy . We filed I 485 without that. We got a RFE and took the tests and replied recently.
I heard that it is possible that doctor may give a waiver but i think u will eventually get an RFE. Once u get RFE u can take the skin test with ur physician and pass it on.

INS Approved Doctors in ILLINOIS

I-140 recently approved. Does anybody know where I could find the official INS approved list of doctors in Illinois?

Any help will be appreciated.