Wife on a Mission

bluskya

Registered Users (C)
I'm a newby who desperately want to file for a husband who is not a legal resident and has been deported. He will be in Belize soon and I want to know what I must do to file for his return. INS said he will get a 10-year ban, and I must do something. What forms do I file, and do I really need a lawyer? Is it possible to do this w/out a lawyer. Please Help. By the way, we married by proxy while he was detained. ::cool:

Originally posted by bluskya
I'm a newby who desperately want to file for a husband who is not a legal resident and has been deported. He will be in Belize soon and I want to know what I must do to file for his return. INS said he will get a 10-year ban, and I must do something. What forms do I file, and do I really need a lawyer? Is it possible to do this w/out a lawyer. Please Help. By the way, we married by proxy while he was detained. ::cool:

Are you a US citizen? Did yout husband enter US legally and overstayed or did he enter without inspection? Please post such details before anyone can offer advise.

To :nkm-Oct

Yes I am a US citizen and he is not. He overstayed 10 years ago on a visitors. He managed until he got pulled over by a traffic violation and there you have it. He has been detained by INS since Sept 2003 and now I have to File over again, but I am afraid of the turnaround time and if INS will deny his re-entry since the judge had ordered him deported in the State of California in 2000. Any ideas....I need help....bad!:rolleyes: