Wife cannot travel for the Interview...

mottusingh

Registered Users (C)
Hello CPers...

Please help...
My wife is pregnant and she is in her last trimester now, because of which she would not be able to travel for interview. Has any body gone for his interview alone while his wife being in the US and later got his wife\'s interview scheduled?
Please help...

Thanx

The Requirement is

that all applicant apear for the interview together.....
Since your wife cannot go you might wanna postpone your interview for 3-4 months when she can go.
Also you can call the consulate and check what is your option in the situation. Ask will they allow you to appear by yourself and wife can appear later? Also make sure you get the name of the person who advises you on the phone, date and time of your call (This will come in handy if you run into some unforeseen issues later)If some one can go to your consulate in the home country on your behalf they can get complete information

Your attorney might also have useful advise

mottusingh - YES YOU CAN GO ALONE

There is no requirement , that says all family members should be together.

I know someone who had gone to Interview , because kids had to complete term in school. Kids & wife went to interview 2-3 mths later.
Everything was fine.

You will have to work with the consulate , and work this out, they WILL allow this.
Only your wife will have to carry something showing you have entered US as an immigrant, which you can easily show.

Comnsulate will surely allow you to do this. You have to talk to them.

Thank you Pro

Can you also help me clear this what will happen to her H-4 status during this period when I have my green card process done?

Technically that seems to be a probelm

But, this is something that only a laywer should answer. All I can tell you , that I know this person did what I mentioned.

Best would be to post your question on imminfo.com , discussion forum, under consular procesing. Ron Gotcher has always given me answers there , he is good.