Wierd USCIS customer service experience, any ideas?

leigh

Registered Users (C)
My EB2 I-485 application was submitted on Feb 2004. Having been stuck in NC for more than 3 years now :mad: . Had 4th FP in this May but no LUD every since last year. Since it has past 6 months from my last inquiry with USCIS, I called their customer service trying to make another one. First the CS put me on hold for several times while he was "researching" my case. After a while, he told me he met problem and would have to forward me to another person. And it turned out that person was an IO. Out of surprise, the officer told me someone did an inquiry for me on the exact same day so he could not get me another inquiry. And "because the earlier inquiry has everything wired up", the officer said he couldn't see any detail information for me :confused: . He instructed me to call back if I don't get any response within 30 days. But who could be the "other one" making the inquiry for me (my lawyer would not lift a finger)? I have contacted Senators and Congressman before. Could be them? Or was that simply an excuse of the officer to save effort of checking the status for me? He said the inquiry result was requested to send directly to my email address and I did verify the address he saw was the right one. Anyone had similar experience?

sure it may be your Senators and Congressman, mine (Orlando Connie Brown office) is checking with them once a week. I had IO confusing me, hanging up, even lieing to me, no problem. It may be truth or it may be something he does not want to talk about with it, simply call next day to inquiry if they tell you the same story, get upset and tell them you were told that crap the day before... if IO is not tought enough it would help you.. it definately cannot harm!!!

ps. I am dealing with them for almost 4 yrs now!!

I agree with DanielFL. Anything you mentioned above could be true. I wouldn't wait another 30 days. Make an infopass appointment and ask specifically about the "inquiry" and the result out of it. According to USCIS "milestones", your name check should have been processed long time ago. So either there was a big problem with your case, or it fell through the cracks (more likely). So push harder, and good luck.