Wierd Letter from BCIS

harapattawaiter

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
One month ago I called BCIS to get the status on my case, the CSR took all my information and said she will contact BCIS about my case and they will get back to you. Today I got one letter from BCIS stating that

The status of service request is:
The address change has been applied to your applcation/petition.
For future inquires ........................

But the funniest thing is I never applied any AR-11 form and never contacted BCIS for any kinda address change.
Does anyone got the same kind of letter.
Whats going on??
My RD is 18th Feb 2002
2nd FP 19th Sep 2003
Am I ever going to be approved.
Thanks

Some one at vsc or ncsc was "DRUNK". Call them back and see if they really changed your address!!!!!!!. In that case you got another headache, they can't deliver your mail.

harapattawaiter, call and confirm

They might have entered a wrong EAC # while changing somebody's addres. Make sure that your address is correct in their system.

Guys,
I called my lawyer in the morning to ask whether they have filed any kinda address change, but they never did. Then I called BCIS 800 number, the CSR with whom I spoke said that might have sent to you by error. I asked then what should I Do. She said make a copy of that letter and send them back saying that you never moved and you are on the same address for the last 3 years. What are your comments? I am really scared about doing any type of communication with BCIS. Last time when I called them to know the status of my case they sent me this letter saying that address change have been applied. No I d ont know what will they do if I do whatever that CSR said.
Thanks

I got the similar kind of letter

when i called to inquire about the status of my case...in that inquiry, did you move since you filled the application , I said yes but i did inform the INS.. lady took all information

after few weeks i got the same letter that you address has been updated in the system with the info about my case.

but as long as address ( new , in your case this is the same address) is correct , you shouldn't do any thing

Is there a way I could know what address BCIS has in there system, should I send the copy of letter stating that I am still on the same address and letter is been snet by mistake.
Thanks

in the letter , they have your new address

and they should have sent the letter to address on file. read the letter carefully.. you should find that is the address, they changes it to

I read the letter carefully, it dosent have any new address and why would the letter have as I never moved or made any address change request. That just says that address change applied and was sent to the address where I am living for past 3 years.

IF you send them a letter saying that you never changed your address .. that might make them embarassed and they might approve you fast before it gets to any senator or media .......

IN any case they must have your correct address!!!!

Since the latest communication came to you straight from BCIS, the address they have on record should be the correct one.... My suggestion would be to leave it as it is .. Knowing these drunks at BCIS, they may over react if you say that you never changed the address and do more harm....

My 2 cents.....