Why would they transfer I140 to local office.? :confused:

NoGCYet03

Registered Users (C)
ND: 10/16/2003
EB3 Concurrent
NO RFE, NO FP notice yet

I140 Status

"On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to an office in WASHINGTON, DC for processing. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

I485 Status

On June 16, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in WASHINGTON, DC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in WASHINGTON, DC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Please post ,if you know why they would do like this.

Looks like the I-485 got transferred for an interview, and they'll transfer everything it seems for a concurrent filing case. Say goodbye to AC21.

did you give your FP's yet i assuming no so your case is interesting ..on the other hand you might be lucky depending upon interviewing times in DC.
both of your apps might get acted upon . i am curious to know when will you get your FP notice??

there is case where I485 got transferred to hartford office even though there was no FP but I140 was approved.

so looks like this part of "backlog reduction plan" please do post your experience ..

we are entering interesting times well..USCIS will never stop amazing or should i say frustating applicants,

hmd said:
did you give your FP's yet i assuming no so your case is interesting ..on the other hand you might be lucky depending upon interviewing times in DC.
both of your apps might get acted upon . i am curious to know when will you get your FP notice??

there is case where I485 got transferred to hartford office even though there was no FP but I140 was approved.,
so looks like this part of "backlog reduction plan" please do post your experience ..

we are entering interesting times well..USCIS will never stop amazing or should i say frustating applicants,

hi nogcyet03 and hmd,

yep, that's me, approved i140 but i485 was transferred to hartford one week after i140's approval, no finger printing was done yet.... yes, seems really interesting, but keeping my fingers crossed that this is a good one, lets wait and post all our experiences.....

edvtorres

Question for NoGCYet03

Hey NoGCYet03,

I am in the exact same boat as you. Only my center is TSC. My 485 and 140 was filed on March 04 and on Friday I got an email saying that the 485 and 140 have been transferred to the local office for processing. My FP has not been done yet. Can you please let me know what your written notice said and what your lawyer has told you. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

saras76

saras76 said:
Hey NoGCYet03,

I am in the exact same boat as you. Only my center is TSC. My 485 and 140 was filed on March 04 and on Friday I got an email saying that the 485 and 140 have been transferred to the local office for processing. My FP has not been done yet. Can you please let me know what your written notice said and what your lawyer has told you. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

saras76
Saras76,
Can you please clearify me that ur I140 and I485 was filed on March 2004?
Because mine was filed on March 2, 2004 but nothing yet. My service center is same as yours TSC.,
Thanks
VK :confused:

saras76 said:
vkg,

My exact ND for both 485 and 140 is 03/25/04.

saras76

wow!!!
this is great news. But I am not sure how TSC is doing this because mine is also concurrent filing my ND for I-140 is March 2, 2004 and ND for I485 is March 23, 2004. I hope mine will be done soon too. Well I am happy for you dude.
VK. :rolleyes:

Not sure !!

vkg,

Acutally I am completely confused at this point. I have never heard of local offices approving I-140s. Since my I-140 has also been transferred I am not sure what the status is and what is going on. I am also vary of them acting so quickly on the application. I am just hoping this is not some clarical error that will delay my process. At this piont it could be really good news or really bad news. Time will tell.

saras76