why we need pets

skinny88

you know i was just thinking that why people need pets..which kind of feelings people develop that they need pets to fulfill that feeling..where i think so people need pets for status symbol.thats why they spend heavy amount for getting best race of pets..i am also a pet lover but i am not spending heavy amounts..i just buy portraits and paste them everywhere in my home here you can see me pets as wellpet portraitsbut hope that you people must answer this question that why people need pets

You are not the first to mistakenly assume that people keep pets for status symbol. There is no status gained by keeping a pet like say getting a fancy car. A pet is in fact a lot of work, even say a ordinary mixed breed dog, they have to be walked, fed 2 times a day and bathed 2 times a month along with taken for grooming etc. Pedigrees are more work and require vitamins vet visits etc.
The reason people keep pets is many, mostly for companionship, your pet will devote all his time to you and will be at your beck and call. They are loyal and giving and do not develop attitude, anger etc. They welcome you like you a rock star when you get home after work...everyday! Your BP will drop if you own a pet, your children will know how to interact with animals.
Imho a pet owner is an individual who has made a conscious decision to give his time and effort to look after another species