Why VSC's EAD/AP processing time still shows June 25 ???

Xiuandku

Registered Users (C)
Is it weird? Must be a huge backlog but it seems nobody's complaining except me. I filed my EAD/AP on August 8 and haven't seen any update on my file. My lawyer warned me not to contact VSC directly. What should I do?

Ead/ap

You cannot go by processing dates, I had submitted my AP/EAD on 4th September and got in EAD card and AP on 18th October.

processing dates are erractic. They are randomly updated in order not to ovewhelm the customer service with several calls. We applied for EAD in July got approval in september. The processing date still reads 25th june. It may be fruitless calling before the 90th day after filling. Your attorney just wants to continue calling the shots :cool:

Thank you guys. That's my guess too. However, if the problemis only to avoid calls, why other centers have almost current dates on EAD/APs. Why VSC shows 4 months behind ?

Anyway, is there any way I can apply for temporary AP after 90 days ? Appreciate your help.

I am not sure that temporary AP is still alowed these days. You can surely make an appointment on infopass and give it a try. Or you can try to get them to expedite your petition by faxing them some evidence. They are extremely picky though, as my request was turned down.

I agree that VSC is probably the worst among the four, especially in AP and EAD. Mine is pending more than three months and still no news. :mad: Hope yours will not be as bad as mine.

EA

Xiuandku said:
Thank you guys. That's my guess too. However, if the problemis only to avoid calls, why other centers have almost current dates on EAD/APs. Why VSC shows 4 months behind ?

Anyway, is there any way I can apply for temporary AP after 90 days ? Appreciate your help.

VSC responded very quickly for me. I have applied for extension on OCT 4th and got all the approvals ( EAD, AP ) by OCT 11th. Looks like they don't have a standard timeframe for this. Aslo there was a one day gap between the approvals of primary and dependant.

glifeusa2005 - please clarify

glifeusa2005,

Was your EAD & AP for renewal or applying for the first time. I applied on Oct 3 and still no updates. I got the receipts by mail last week.

TIA

My EAD/AP aps are first time, filed conccurently with I140/I485 for myself and dependands. All was filed through lawyer so I wonder if I can call VSC. Sorry to hear your AP still not came through. Do you see any LUDS ?I don't see any LUDs on mine except for the I485 (FP).

Xiuandku said:
My EAD/AP aps are first time, filed conccurently with I140/I485 for myself and dependands. All was filed through lawyer so I wonder if I can call VSC. Sorry to hear your AP still not came through. Do you see any LUDS ?I don't see any LUDs on mine except for the I485 (FP).
Do you have receipts?, there is no problem to contact regarding EAD/AP/I485.

Xiuandku said:
Is it weird? Must be a huge backlog but it seems nobody's complaining except me. I filed my EAD/AP on August 8 and haven't seen any update on my file. My lawyer warned me not to contact VSC directly. What should I do?

I got my EAD / AP approvals in about 20 days ( Oct 1st week - approved today ) . Just be patient and you should get your approval.

Thank you guys for all encouragement.

I fust called USCIS. I was lucky and got connected right away. The lady who answered sounds very nice and understanding. She put me on hold for a while and then told me there's nothing wrong with our cases (that's a relief), our file's with the right unit and i should hear from them very shortly. She also asked whether we have made our travel plan and assured again that I will have their decision before our travel date. I feel much better now.

Just want to share the experience with you guys.

Good to know that you feel better. However I have to be an ass**** here and warn you that they are customer service people and were trained to be nice to you but not solving any problems. Remeber that mine is pending there longer than yours, and I called them and heard the same crap but no approval. If I were you I would ask them if and how they can expedite your petition, and do not finalize your travel arrangements till you get the approval from them. Otherwise you will end up in a mess like me. :mad: Good luck.

EA

Xiuandku said:
Thank you guys for all encouragement.

I fust called USCIS. I was lucky and got connected right away. The lady who answered sounds very nice and understanding. She put me on hold for a while and then told me there's nothing wrong with our cases (that's a relief), our file's with the right unit and i should hear from them very shortly. She also asked whether we have made our travel plan and assured again that I will have their decision before our travel date. I feel much better now.

Just want to share the experience with you guys.

Mine too.

EAD,AP were filed in end of June (with a receipt date of mid-july) and I still have not received approvals on both.

ss81

Sometimes VSC just forgets some applications. It happened with my wife's EAD/AP. Only after we had our fingerprints done that they realised that there is an application pending, and then they approved it. We had applied together and mine was approved in 7 days. Unfortunately there is nothing much that you can do.

I agree that sometimes they just forget and we can only wait till it is our turn.

Xiuandku, they have updated the processing time. Now it is 9/03. I think you can try to call to see what is going on. I just called, and the lady promised me that they will look at it and get back to me shortly. Hope it helps.

EA

compjobs said:
Sometimes VSC just forgets some applications. It happened with my wife's EAD/AP. Only after we had our fingerprints done that they realised that there is an application pending, and then they approved it. We had applied together and mine was approved in 7 days. Unfortunately there is nothing much that you can do.

VSC Updated

EAD processing time moved to 21 September 05
AP processing time moved to 30 July 05

140 and 485 stuck as ever