Why USCIS is approving cases with RD 2007?

diego123

Registered Users (C)
While I am happy to see approvals, I am totally pissed off by the fact that USCIS is approving cases with RD 2007, while they are supposed to be approving the cases that are pending for 3/4/5/6/7 ( donno what is hte max) years..

As usual being a black box, these guys come out with some stupid memo ( I dont know whom they want to make happy).. and they dont do anything that they state in the memo and they dont give a clue of what is happening.. and make all the people that are waiting for years to keep guessing..

Last edited by a moderator:
the first criteria is pd then after that the rd.

Which means if there are 2people with same pd but one has rd later the other then the one with earlier pd or older rd will be approved first.

Thats my understanding.

I read in some other place that they will be processing based on the 485 RD.. probably this is one of other the billion confusing things that will never be clarified by USCIS...

They are neither going with PD nor RD... It is not even random. They are just approving new cases... thats all...Otherwise, how could people like us who are sitting for 7+ years with PD current for years and old RDs are not being approved?

the first criteria is pd then after that the rd.

Which means if there are 2people with same pd but one has rd later the other then the one with earlier pd or older rd will be approved first.

Thats my understanding.

The Ombudsman has pointed out

They are neither going with PD nor RD... It is not even random. They are just approving new cases... thats all...Otherwise, how could people like us who are sitting for 7+ years with PD current for years and old RDs are not being approved?

The USCIS gods go for "easy" cases to consume as many visa numbers ( to show productivity ) . So lot of RD 2007 cases get approved.

I called from USCIS and came to know they are doing additional review on old PD cases like background check. looks like its a verification by calling GC sponsered company.

diego123

I agree with you. I am also waiting 0f 2004 filed I-485. In Nebraska also same thing happening. I do see in Texas. So overall in USCIS they are touching cases to 2006, 2007 and 2008 too. its really very very frustating. Last month I sent a letter to USCIS OMBUDSMAN office and told them that USCIS is not working on cases in order as they always says and raised concern of this that if my case didn't get approved in couple of months I do have to wait for another 2 yrs. I already waited for 4 yrs and same letter to Senators. I would suggest all those old times do the same thing and if it doesn't work then last option of WOM.

USCIS is totally dumb org.

dice12
EB3 -PD 01
485 FILED in 2004
I-485 AD-2020??

You mean your company got a call from them?

I called from USCIS and came to know they are doing additional review on old PD cases like background check. looks like its a verification by calling GC sponsered company.

No logic ....

We get different views/Opinions on how a particular case gets processed. So far the pattern seems to be random. I filed my 485 in July 2006 and have been waiting since then whereas cases filed in 2007 gets approved. Also i noticed 485 RD of 2005 cases are waiting for approval.

Bottomline.... it is just your luck.

Because, they are idiots...

While I am happy to see approvals, I am totally pissed off by the fact that USCIS is approving cases with RD 2007, while they are supposed to be approving the cases that are pending for 3/4/5/6/7 ( donno what is hte max) years..

As usual being a black box, these guys come out with some stupid memo ( I dont know whom they want to make happy).. and they dont do anything that they state in the memo and they dont give a clue of what is happening.. and make all the people that are waiting for years to keep guessing..

It is because, they are idiots...

I had received an RFE for an EVL (Employment Verification Letter) last year. They wanted to check if my company is still backing me up and has all intentions to keep me on their payroll. This was in October last year and they received a response from my company in December - no updates after that.

After giving up my hopes so long, I expected something to change after the memo.. But it is even more depressing than what it is so far, to see that this department does not seem to have any logic on doing anything and not being held responsible by any one for not doing things in the way they are supposed to...

After giving up my hopes so long, I expected something to change after the memo.. But it is even more depressing than what it is so far, to see that this department does not seem to have any logic on doing anything and not being held responsible by any one for not doing things in the way they are supposed to...

It appears TSC is not honoring name check memo and relying on a new memo ( that came on April 02,2008 ) . So, may be , the name check cases are set aside.

Folks !!!
My attorney filed our EAD's in march 2008 for EAD renewal at Texas SC.
Our 485 are pending at Nebraska SC. Any impact for me. Is it ok to file at a different center no matter 485 pending at alltogether at diff place.
Appreciate for your feedback....
PDJan2002,

I really Dont know what they are doing at TSC !!!

I am EB3 India with PD OCT 2001 and applied 485 in June 2005 and I am waiting from then.

and I dont know what kind of people are working at USCIS, and what there logic is.

Even when you stand in line at any Grocery store / CVS / Riteaid Stores when counters are busy they open new counter to take care of the customers.

and First thing they say in newly opened counter is " Can I help or Can I take Next Person in the line "

But here at USCIS they say " I will help Last Person in the Line First" No Logic and No Professionalisim with them.

Wonder how in this country there is a Federal department like this one is running. Cannot contact any one, max we can open Service Request which say to wait 6 months and this repeats every Service Request.

Typical Govt Department attiude with no logic and professionalisim.

On top of these July 2007 probs and now no need of name check.

What happned to all my Aspirations and Ambitions ? all gone with wind like.

GC Mania

Can you tell us about the April 2 Memo. Is there a link to this on any website?

It appears TSC is not honoring name check memo and relying on a new memo ( that came on April 02,2008 ) . So, may be , the name check cases are set aside.

They are clueless people

Irritating process my friends. What to do, its all their mercy.

PD: 06/2003
485-RD: 05/2004
EB2 - India
NSC - TSC

Green_always

I absolutely 100% agree with you that US govt. system is total BS and we are the victims of it.

dice12
EB3-PD-2001
485 RD - 2004
CSC>NSC
Country = INDIA
(stuck in loop and don't know when end loop would be)

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/NameCheck_2Apr08.pdf

Here is the link. Looks like FBI is set out to do something extraordinary.Let us see how much of BS this is..

May 2008
Process all name checks pending more than three years
July 2008
Process all name checks pending more than two years
Nov. 2008
Process all name checks pending more than one year
Feb. 2009
Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
June 2009
Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days.

Can you tell us about the April 2 Memo. Is there a link to this on any website?