Why transferred to a local office?

nevermindx

Registered Users (C)
I have received an email from USCIS telling me that my 485 case was transferred to the local office of Los Angeles.

At Murthy.com, they explain the interviews as:
Certain I-485 cases are set for interviews at the local offices. There are some types of cases that will almost always be scheduled for interviews. When an individual has a criminal background or prior serious immigration violations, s/he usually is required to undergo an in-person interview at the local USCIS office.

I don't have any criminal background or any immigration violation! Does CSC really consider my case an especial case?

MY case has also been transfered to los angeles and i too dont have a criminal back ground.
Mine i suspect was for a addres change.
Did you change your address too ( multiple I mean)
Sometimes it is just random too.
I am in touch with another transferee from june.
Dont know when we get the interview. I hpope it is soon.have seen someone been called in 2 1/2 months.
Hoping for a quick closure.

Maybe then it was just a random pick. dont worry too much.
I was kinda anxious too, but reading the others post about interviews I dont think it is too much to look into. Jst a slight delay.
have you changed jobs, or made too many inquiries with uscis

No, I am still in the same job with the sponsor employer.

Yes, I have done one "FOIA" request to get a "copy" of my paperwork however my wife's and my case were transferred (not only mine).

Then I guess it was a just random pick to be transfered.
pls post your details. RD ND FP etc 140 approved when ??
Did you marry after you applied for your 485 in case you are the primary.
usually transfer cases are for as yiu suggested criminal back grounds but also for certain cases where they need to clarify something and then the rest are just random pick " for quality purposes".

Our I-485's were transferred too from CSC to LA. My case is complicated. I moved to a different state and changed jobs. Previous employer sent letter to INS that I no longer work there and based on that INS revoked my i140 and denied all the i485s on Mar 2004. Filed Motion to reopen on Apr 2004 and have not rcvd any notice regarding this. In June 2004, INS sent me 2nd FP notice and we went in July 2004. Our LUDs changed in 7/28/04,7/29/04 & 7/30/04 and the on-line message changed to FP rcvd and processing has resumed on your case. On 8/04/04, I rcvd 8 emails from BCIS informing me that the i485s were transferred to LA office to schedule & conduct interview.
I'm confused here and have a few questions:

1) Transferring the case to LA Office, does this mean that the case is re-opened?

2) Why not transfer to Newark?
3) Do we have any %age of cases approved after transfer to LA?

Thanks guys!!

Once you complete 180 days after you 140 approved you can invoke Ac 21.I am not the best person but people on this forum may be of help.
if they have asked you to come for the interview maybe they have reopened your case and if you can prove to them that you are in the same/similar job in your new job with responsibilities that match your LC maybe you have a chance...Please consult a competent attorney . I am neither one nor claim to be one :)
LAos we do not have apercentage for Los angeles but based on ( do a search on dudewhereismygc in users on this forum) comments posted here a few people got thier interviews in less than 4 months.
so hoping we would get one too.
do keep us posted on what your attorney says

Nevermind,
Those case dates do not ( or should not ) have anything to do with Transfer cases.
Those dates are meant for cases filed at that office ie marriage based/asylum etc.
I am sorry to disappoint you but there is no way you or any other transfer cases can find out when there cases would be taken up.
However I have seen a couple of cases transfered in april have thier interviews in june/july. So there is hope.
Do a search on Dudewhereismygc. he was the one who got interview in 3 months

It better than denial :)
Just kidding.
I posted the same question on this forum and I got a reply " Not necessarily"
As I said a couple of people on this forum have got interviews in 3 months so it shouodnt be that bad.
But then therre arnt many people on the forum or do not post whose cases have been transfered to Los angeles. if you run a search you will find posts by Los anagles transferees but not anymore. So I am ( optimisticaly ) assuming that they got thier interviews and sitting pretty with thier GC.
Also I am hearing that they are giving preferance to emplyment cases in the local offices.
We just have to wait.
Keep in touch.and post if you have any new updates.

Do I need any attorney for the interview?

I was just told that it was strongly recommended to go the interview with an attorney. Is that really necessary?

I dont know.
I am still thinking about it.
But decide when you get the call.
do keep me posted once you get it.

Do the local offices send a notification upon receiving the case?

Will Los Angeles office send my attorney or me a notification when they will receive my case from CSC?

To the best of my knowledge , they do not send any notification when they recieve the case.
Yes you will be notified ( and so your attorney) once they schedule an interview.

NO it does not . That is for CSC. You are in the hands of Los angels now.
No LUDs no notification.
I dont want to depress you any further but looks like it just gonna be "wait " for us

From all the comments so far, transferring a case to local office seems to be as sending the case to a black hole!:(