Why transfer my I485 to local office?

LKT

Registered Users (C)
I just learn from the case status that my I-485 was transferred to Dallas, TX. I assume that transferring I-485 to local office is for the arrangement of interview. However, I am in Boston area. How can I go to TX for interviewing? If it is not for interviewing, what is the purpose of transferring the case to the local office? Does transferring I-485 to the local office delay the process of I-485?

The full message in the case status is as follow: “On September 27, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office”

Thank you very much.

LKT,

Where did you originally filed your AOS application? Was it in VSC (as you are in Boston) or was it at a different service center?

Looking at the message, it looks like they have just trasferred your case to TSC for AOS processing. Does not really mean that you will be called for an interview.

LKT said:
I just learn from the case status that my I-485 was transferred to Dallas, TX. I assume that transferring I-485 to local office is for the arrangement of interview. However, I am in Boston area. How can I go to TX for interviewing? If it is not for interviewing, what is the purpose of transferring the case to the local office? Does transferring I-485 to the local office delay the process of I-485?

The full message in the case status is as follow: “On September 27, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office”

Thank you very much.

Did you stay in Dallas before this? If not it is typical error of transferring the case to an unrelated location. It happened with many guys.

You can ask for a re-transfer to Boston. But it goes into the loop for some people it took couple of year to get transferred to the original location.

I would suggest if your date is current go to Dallas for the Interview.

Hi Ration and Number,

thanks for your suggestions. I am in VSC. It seems that the only thing I should do is to wait for the further notice. If necessary, I will go to TX as Number suggests.

LKT