Why the heck do people apply for re-entry permit?

madness

Registered Users (C)
I know that for naturalization the requirement is to be a lawful permanent resident of US for 5 years, been physically present in the US for atleast 30 months out of the previous 5 years, and not be away from US for more than 6 months continuously.
1. Now, if I file for re-entry permit which will be for 2 years, and then still come back to the US every 6 months, plus overall, meet the above requirements for naturalization; will I NOT be eligible for naturalization since I have applied for re-entry permit?
2. If the answer to the above question is that I will still be eligible for naturalization, then it means that I have nothing to loose by applying for a re-entry permit
3. Once I apply for re-entry permit, and get one, will I be guranteed entry into the US within the 2 year period that the re-entry is valid for OR is there a similar scrutiny I will have to go through if I had not applied for re-entry permit (assuming ofcourse that I do enter the US atleast once in 6 months for a short trip). So, then what is the benefit of re-entry permit?

JoeF

JoeF,
What is Ron Gotcher\'s discussion board, and what is the URL? Can you please share that with us? Thanks