Why the backlogs..

vg0405

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke to my lawyer. She knows some people at the BICS.

The main reason for the delay is that BICS is supposed to do a background check on everyone now...and thats taking a lot of time. Also, not only BICS has backlogs up but FBI also has huge backlogs which is causing the delay.

Organizational changes are also adding to the delay according to her.

Last one makes sense. First two dont. If FBI has backlogs all centers should get affected equally. VSC is approving an average of 10+ a day since months now.

why backlogs

I had called up the IIO about a month ago and was informed that the case was a clean one and that they had also recieved a clearance from FBI and yet the case hadn't been assigned.
So I do not think that either of the two arguments would stand.
But hope and pray that we see more approvals now.

I suspect this is actually an old story, that the BCIS person is telling.

Earlier, FBI forwarded only 'problem case' FP data to INS. New procedures demanded that all FP data...problem or OK, be specifically informed to INS. Reporting software needed mods, and things crawled to a halt till about Nov. 2002, when INS informed that FBI's software had been fixed. The Murthy website had published this explanation in a newsletter then.

The funny things is that whilst the software is supposedly fixed, the delays continue to mount.