Why spouse is not approved together with primary applicant

gwpeng

Registered Users (C)
I see a pattern from this forum that spouse case is not approved with primary applicant. It seems to me a strange situation. Why BCIS cannot approve them together? If primary is approved, the only things that can hold the spouse case are as follows:
1) marrige certificate seems weird to BCIS. For this BCIS should send REF.
2) spouse security check/name check is not satisfactory

Can you think of any other reasons that prevent BCIS to approve the spouse case? What can we do to push this thing?

When I went for Stamping,

I asked this question:
And they said that in our case, the petitions were seperated.

Just guessing... other possible reasons could be:

- birth certificate issues
- Use of EAD by spouse (but not by primary applicant)
- Use of Advance Parole by spouse (but not by primary applicant)
- Status of spouse at time of filing 485
- Gaps in H1/H4/F1/F2/B2 etc. status of spouse
- Anything else that makes the spouse's status out-of-synch with that of the primary applicant.

Regards,
laddi

We had a two day gap between my and spouse's approval. None of the reasons supplied above were valid in our case. The only thing I can think of is that they do the final security check on the applicant first and then on the spouse. Sometimes that gets done in one day, but sometimes it takes longer.

Right, I saw a case where the spouse' security check was completed "several months" after the primary applicant's approval.

Originally posted by weiv
We had a two day gap between my and spouse's approval. None of the reasons supplied above were valid in our case. The only thing I can think of is that they do the final security check on the applicant first and then on the spouse. Sometimes that gets done in one day, but sometimes it takes longer.

Yup-security check can cause a large gap between approvals. They just don't want to approve somebody who's on the FBI watch list, even if the spouse is clean. Every single person is subject to security check.

what is the normal turnaround time for a security check?

I've seen cases dragged on months and months.

No none of those reason apply

VSC separates the cases to even the work load on officers.
I know it sounds stupid.

If one officer gets more married filed jointly cases than the officer who gets more single cases then they do not know who is how efficient.

So they separate spouces cases so that all officers get equal number of cases.

If the primary applicant comes up first, then they look into the file and decide into it.

If the secondary applicant comes up first, then the office sees the primary applicant is not approved yet, so they put the file back in rotation. This continues until primary is approved.

This is from my lawyer and many other people on this forum and other forums.

VSC managers think they have infinite wisdom, so no mortal can question them