why so many unapprovals with RD<6/13/01?

may01tx

Registered Users (C)
TSC's current processing date for I485 is 6/13/01. How come there are still so many cases with dates earlier than 6/13/01 unapproved according to the scanning? Even when you apply the 30days windows to your RD, there are still bunch cases. I don't believe TSC will clear all cases prior to 6/13/01 before 7/13/01. Any thoughts on that? Has anybody called and asked about it?

RD 5/29/01
ND 8/20/01
SRC-010-248-xxxxx
FD 1/8/2003
4th EAD

Processing date is based on Notice Date (ND). TSC's current processing date for I485 is 6/13/01 ND.

You will see your approval soon.

I am not sure it is very clear to us what TSC goes by, RD or ND. I have seen posts saying for sure they go by RD, and I have also heard argument that TSC goes by ND as stated in the Processing Times table. Even my attorney is not sure. One thing is for sure for me, back in last November when TSC was processing 01/01 cases, I made an inquiry about our cases and was told that "your case was received may 01, currently processing 01/01...". So it appears to me that they go by RD. In either case, how do you explain almost 50% of the cases before 6/13/01 are still pending?

may01tx - first off, I don't think that anyone can explain for sure how TSC does their processing, there is certainly randomness. EB1_ explained in another thread that the processing date refers to the initial processing, not date before which all cases are approved. Finally, when I check the case status online, it says that my application was received on xxxxx - xxxxx happens to be my ND and not the RD. So, although it says "received on", it actually refers to the ND. So it is certainly possible that ND is the date by which they process applications and ND may be the date that they refer to when they publish their processing dates.

It is RD

I called NCS, they told me to wait 30 days past RD so that they can raise inquiry. So I guess, it is RD.

LongGC,
I will can NCS when the next processing time is published (hopefully it will be beyond June 29, since my RD is May 29). I will post what they tell me. Please do the same on your side.

Thanks