Why RFE?

Narayan Krishnamurthy

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Some get RFE for paystubs/Employment letter and some donot!
What is the criteria here? I assume everybody sends employment letter
when they first apply for 485. So what make s INS suspect some
people and ask for RFE while others donot get zny RFE?

No Title

No one knows the logic behind INS decision to request evidence and the kind of evidence they ask for. I tried to deduce the reason based on the information posted on the board but that lead me no where. I guess it totally depends on how many kinks you may have in your case... I don\'t see any in my case but I don\'t know if INS is of the same opinion as mine..

Bhanu

No Title

I think it depends upon immigration officer to immigration officer. If one officer thinks some thing about a case it may not necessarily that other officer thinks in same way. He may suspect about continuation of employment and that kicks off RFE. Other reasons could be lack of documents.

But even then it is not a rule rather it works as an exception.

No Title

could it be that they send rfes to professionals who are in a particular sw field? its a VERY long shot..but could it be?!

No Title

Guys,

I just heard from IIO that I am going to receive RFE. One theory that has been going on for some time and that is of your PD is very old (like mine : 03/96), your chances of getting RFE are more.

With my case, this theory is certainly gaining ground.

No Title

Neither of the above theories hold in my case.(I am also a recipient of a RFE for employment letter and pay stubs.) My PD is 3/99 (fairly recent, always current), and I am not a computer professional who are more likely to change jobs than other professionals.
As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no logic to what VSC does!!

No Title

Earlier there was a similar discussion and based on those postings if your EAC number is odd you might have a higher chance of getting RFE ( I guess this is just an observation and not necessarily a fact).