Why Rest Of World EB-1 and EB-2 should be safe for visa number availability

eb2kid,

So far your analysis seem to be correct but yet there are many mitigating factors that have to be taken in consideration. In 2004-2005 the Labor Certification process has been sluggish and few LC have been approved. It is difficult to anticipate how the 41,000 EB2 cases in the DOL backlog will be distributed over the next 2 years. My guess is that these cases will have precedence over April 2001 LC. Once the BEC finish entering the files into their system , estimated to be completed this summer, you will see a flood of approvals. Combine this with the new PERM system and Bush commitment of processing time reduction to 6 months by September 30, 2006 and the outlook will change.

One “positiv” aspect is that the low H1B quota will somehow release the presure on employment based GC since most of the applicant are on H1B.

Where can I find online that the annual quota is released quarterly, and the first three quarters each cannot consume more than 27% of the total quota?

Nevertheless a very good analysis.

changing company during 7th year or 8th year h-1

Hi all,
I have a quick question.
If someone has 3 year extension for his/her H-1b, then during that 3 year, is there any h-1b problem if he/she change company? Well, say, the person will re-start whole GC process all over. :mad:

Thanks in advance.