Why NSC is not giving out any info on the case?

desi_boy_usa

Registered Users (C)
They use to give all the info untill few weeks back regarding a case if the PD is current and Process Date is also current but now they are asking us to write a letter.
What's going on? Any one had semilar experiance?

write a letter or receive a letter?

I called twice in Nov. and tried to find out the case status. All they can tell is the msg on website and initiate an inquiry which is supposed to send the case status to me in 45 days. The rep asked you to write an inquiry letter?

I just needed to find out if the name check is cleared. I am not sure if infopass would be helpful. Very frustrating....

You might have got connected to National Serive Center that's why they asked you to Initiate inquiry(service request) and get a mailed response from Nebraska Service Center in 45 days.
This is what National Serive Center people are doing for long time but Nebraska Service Center use to give detailed info on your case if both PD'S are current but now they are asking us to write a letter.

Yes, I am also trying to find out if my NC is cleared. It's more than 6 weeks since I checked.

Thanks

desi_boy_usa,

How did you know that you Stuck in Name Check since 03/08/2006

Please give me the details. When I talked to Nebraska Service Center they mentioned that my case is pending for back ground check.

Please post your experience...

NSC Rep told me few weeks back that my 485 is stuck in NC, the date they sent my info to FBI
How about you?When did you call NSC?
Now they are not giving any info for me.

What is the number you called What are the options you have selected?

Hello,

I have called them a week back. They said they are waiting for background check. I am not sure whether it is same as Name check. I followed the below sequence to get to Nebraska Immigration officers on line.

1-800-375-5283

Press 1 (for english),
bypass intro 2
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have

Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3

Listen to the options-

Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed

You get transferred to NSC after choosing option 4.

Got the letter from NSC

I got the letter yesterday which indicated I'm officially stuck in "background check". The finger print was done 06/2005. Does that mean the name check was initiated by then but got stuck?

Will contact local congresswoman to see if she can help.