july16

Registered Users (C)
This is a Nightmare
Its 365 plus 1 day today

My LC had 2 RFE's
My I 140 Had 2 RFE's
My Fingerprinting was Delayed 4 months

And if that was not enough, this morning I checked the AVM it said
"A notice of Intent to deny my application has been mailed on 12 Jul 02 and that if I did not recieve within 14 days, I should call VSC during working hours, and verify my address."

I Pooped in my pants, started calling my Lawyer since 730 am at 8am got lucky and got him on the line as he walked into his office, I was Blubbering, Fumbling, Stammering, Cursing, and didnt know what I myself was talking, He listened patiently and asked what was the problem.

I explained to him as best as I could,

His response "Intent to Deny Notice is just an RFE with another name" mostly it questions your Status at time of application.

He said he sees a ton of these type of cases, and mostly they are solved by sending them all I 94's, or the easy way out is just send them a Check for 1000.00 Penalty for the LIFE act 245I/245K law.

I was out of status for less then 180 days which is OK as per the lawyer (H1 Expired 01 Mar 01 I485 RD 16 Jul 01) because the LIFE act law had already been signed in Dec 2000. Hence his advise is dont Panic everything will be OK.

But I am still Scared, dont know what to do, Today I was supposed to apply for EAD renewal, what happens to that?????

Any body with experience of a similar situation, please do advise me, I am desperate.

sorry to hear that..

I am sorry to hear that man. But dont worry..everything will be alright. All the best!

shit

shit man... that's a scarry message. See why I'm freaked?
My theory seems right. All those left in July are going to face some
kind of slap. I'm waiting for my slap.
On the positive side, I don't think INS rejects 485 easily.
I've heard of some people who did horrible things but finally got their greencard.
Good luck in your crisis.

Cool down buddy (I know it is easy to say) Eveything will be OK. As I heard earlier about "Intend to deny" is little more than a RFE, but not really a Rejection of GC.

Don't worry everything will be alright. Hope I will see a happy posting with approval message from you soon.

Hey, You are fighting, you will win. Be patient.

You are lucky

Just pay the 1000 $ fine and you will get your GC.

In my experiences, I have found that intent to deny
cases can be speedily resolved than transfers to
local offices.

All the best.

Thanks everyone for your kind words

Do any of you gurus out there know of any sites, or forums or discussions where I can do some research on this Intent to Deny Notice issue.

I did find some very positive postings on this issue in the archives, but want to do some more research.

I am Sorry !!!!

July16--> I am sorry to hear this !!!!
Keep your cool, I am sure things will work out.. ( Easy for me to say) but this is all I can, at this juncture.
The 245 Rule will definitely help you out...

Take Care...

Sorry to hear that! but see this -

Looks like there were a few 'Intent to deny' cases registered on immitracker. And if you see the descriptions, looks like you're supposed to respond (similar to RFE). So hopefully it'll be resolved by additional documentation.
Here is the link to immitracker. Search for 'intent'

http://www.immitracker.com/nsc/y99.html

Also, try to ask more info about this to Sheela Murthy at www.murthy.com I think her chat sessions are on each Wednesday evening.

Wish you all the best!!!

Your case will be approved. Dont worry.

I am visiting Immigration sites since long time and I have seen several postings about people getting 'Intent to deny' RFE's. Most of the cases lawyer sends some additional proof and cases got resolved.

Even if you were out of status , 245(i) law is helping you and you are not in any danger. Lawyers see this kind of cases everyday so they do not panic. As someone told these types of cases get opened very fast and soon you will hear your approval.

Good luck buddy and dont panic .. keep your cool. Previous murthy chattranscripts shud be a good source of info. i-485 getting denied is a very rare case. You are a regular poster and everyday I watch whether your case is approved. My best wishes and paryers are with you & family.

By the way send application for EAD renewal. Otherwise you cannot work after expiry of EAD.

Calm down man. Do your research while waitng for that notice to see what it is all about. I'm sure everything will work out alright - additional document or extra expense...

All the best!

Thanks again guys for your prayers

I wish not even my worst enemy this kind of mental anguish

The good news is that I went thru the archives on this forum with a fine comb and saw that all those guys had a Intent to Deny notice served have been approved.

The same also applies to guys who are registered at Immitracker they are also all approved.

So that definately does give me some hope

Think of failure you will never succeed
Think of success you will never fail

Work with confidence and high spirits, success will follow you.

Good luck

July16

If you were out of status for less than 180 days you can file 245k, which is different form 245-i in that you don't have to pay the $1000 penalty fee.

Your lawyer should have advised you to do this when you filed your 485. If he didn't advise you on this important matter he has done you a severe injustice.

File 245-k ASAP if you have not done so already.

I filed 245-k along with my I-485 because I was OOS for 3 months and you know that I recently got approved. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck. Don't give up hope.

U must be going thru a lot in Ur mind...

I am sorry to know about Ur situation.

Looks like Ur position is not as bad as you perceive it. Hold tight and try to handle it. U R already a veteran in RFE's. Then came one more at the final stage. But U should be fine by providing the required papers. Let us know what was the RFE about.

It is not easy to control everything, but one thing U certainly can is how U react to what U R going thru.

Good luck and take control...