Why just Green card correction takes so long?

yll_gc

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-90 for my green card correction (USCIS put my wife's country of birth as my country of birth) to CSC on 12/13/2005. Until today I still haven't received a new card. The USCIS online status says it takes 180 to 200 days to process it. Then it is like another I-485 process.

I really don't understand, it's the USCIS error and it's just a correction, why it takes such a long time?

Did you get to keep your old card while they are processing for a new one?

Have you received the corrected one?

What is the process. WOuld you please advise.

e17345 said:
Did you get to keep your old card while they are processing for a new one?

Have you received the corrected one?

What is the process. WOuld you please advise.

No. I had to return the old card to the USCIS for the replacement processing.
I still have not received the corrected one yet!!
If you need a correction replacement, you would have to file I-90 together with some supporting documents to the USCIS.

Can anyone share your I-90 experience? It seems the processing has been stopped for a long time. For CSC, the processing RD 12/22/2005 remains no change after several updates. Thanks.

yll_gc said:

you have to remember that you are dealing with a large beautratic organization that usually doesn't know what it is doing.

don't put too much faith in the online update.

yll_gc said:
Can anyone share your I-90 experience? It seems the processing has been stopped for a long time. For CSC, the processing RD 12/22/2005 remains no change after several updates. Thanks.

Hi!
I also sent in an I-90 to replace my GC because it did not have my middle name. The I-90 was approved so they said to wait for 2-3 weeks. It's been almost 1 month now. I'm getting anxious. It does take them awhile to sort the paperwork but It's speedier now compared to the past years.

suldado said:
Hi!
I also sent in an I-90 to replace my GC because it did not have my middle name. The I-90 was approved so they said to wait for 2-3 weeks. It's been almost 1 month now. I'm getting anxious. It does take them awhile to sort the paperwork but It's speedier now compared to the past years.

I think it's typical that when they say 2-3 weeks, it is usually longer than that. Was your I-90 processed at CSC? If yes, you can try email them at CSC-XII.90@dhs.gov to follow up. When did you file your I-90? For me, they told me to wait for another 30 days!!! Unbelievable, a correction (and that's their mistake) now will soon take longer time than my I-485 before.

yll_gc said:
I think it's typical that when they say 2-3 weeks, it is usually longer than that. Was your I-90 processed at CSC? If yes, you can try email them at CSC-XII.90@dhs.gov to follow up. When did you file your I-90? For me, they told me to wait for another 30 days!!! Unbelievable, a correction (and that's their mistake) now will soon take longer time than my I-485 before.
Where did you get the email account from? I filled mine at Texas Service Center. Do you know where I can get the email address for Texas Service Center?

SJOrl said:
Where did you get the email account from? I filled mine at Texas Service Center. Do you know where I can get the email address for Texas Service Center?
Unfortunately only CSC has the email inquiry service, not other service centers.

yll_gc said:

My GC was processed in Lee's Summit, MO. That's where the immigration officer told me to file for an I-90 (with reason (d.) My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error)at the same office. I believe it was sometime between september-october 2005 that I sent in the I-90. They approved it first week of february, Will arrive within 2-3 weeks. Maybe this week of march :D

hi, yll_gc, have u got ur card back?
i think i got same situation, i just sent my i-90 to Vermont service center today, dont know how long i have to wait, and my lawyer said they are not sure too, how can this kind of matter happened to us, when will be the end?

Missing Middle Name on GC

Hello Guys,

I am about to apply for I-90 on my daughter's GC. We received it in March this year but it didn't contain her middle name or middle initial. At first I thought this was OK but when we went to DMV to get her State ID, they insisted on not including her middle name and that they could only follow what INS has on her GC. Her passport and student records also show her first and middle names. I'm quite apprehensive on sending back her GC because it might take forever to get it back. I wonder how long it might take. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

nozid said:
Hello Guys,

I am about to apply for I-90 on my daughter's GC. We received it in March this year but it didn't contain her middle name or middle initial. At first I thought this was OK but when we went to DMV to get her State ID, they insisted on not including her middle name and that they could only follow what INS has on her GC. Her passport and student records also show her first and middle names. I'm quite apprehensive on sending back her GC because it might take forever to get it back. I wonder how long it might take. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Hi!

I had the same problem getting my DMV I.D. My GC was missing my middle initial too. THough my passport has my middle initial.

Honestly, it depends which office or which person you're talking to. In one office, the guy wouldn't accept my application because my passport and GC don't match.
Fortunately in the other office(uptown) they just looked at me, my GC, my passport and said OK. They took my picture and I payed the fee. I got my I.D. two weeks later.

This is really confusing as a couple of Immigration officers told me that they didn't really see a problem with my GC missing my middle initial. Also that even if I took a trip outside of the US, when I return they would still admit me into the country since USCIS has my Alien number, fingerprints, etc. and that they wouldnt fuss over a missing middle initial.

Unfortunately, it seems DMV fusses over those sort of things.
I sent an I-90 to USCIS replace my GC, took about 2 months for them to create a new one. They mailed it to the wrong address though. *big sigh

**restart application :D

thanks for the input, Suldado. At least only the middle initial is missing on your GC while my daughter has the whole middle name missing. I think I have no choice but to go ahead and file the I-90 before anything becomes worse in the future. I just hope I will be able to have the I-551 stamp on my daughter's passport while waiting for the replacement card. Thanks again. Please let me know if you received your replacement card yet.

Hope for everyone!

My husband's I-485 was approved in early March 2006. However, USCIS listed his birthdate incorrectly on the GC, so we had to send the GC back with an I-90 to National Benefits Center (Lee's Summit, MO). We never got a receipt from them saying they had received the GC, so of course we were worried. :confused:

However, on June 16, I received an email saying the I-90 had been approved! USCIS used our original receipt # for the I-485 to send this update. And we received the corrected GC yesterday, June 22! So it only took about 3 months to process, although in that 3 months we had never heard from USCIS and thought they might have lost our card. But everything turned out ok in the end! Good luck to all of you! :)

I90 Processing

Hi All

I had change my name through court order and applied for a replacement card with the new name back in December. They asked me not to send any documents with the efiling or post. I already changed my DL and my SS card etc.
I called the National Customer Service center in march. She said it takes 6 months for the appointment. I got the appointment 2 weeks ago. The letter reached me 2 days before the appointment. This is in San jose by the way.

The appointment went fine and they tore the corner off my current gc. The lady at the application support center said it could take upto two months more for me to get the card back. The waiting is hard. Seems to me it should come immediately after :( the appointment.

Does anybody know about travelling to mexico or canada? Can i do it with the Permanent Resident permit in my passport?

I have applied I90 some time in august 2005. Then they
asked for the proof.
I have sent all the required proofs to texas service center
for the name correction on GC in january. I have not heard
any thing since then from tsc. Has any body in the same situation?

nagasng said:
I have applied I90 some time in august 2005. Then they
asked for the proof.
I have sent all the required proofs to texas service center
for the name correction on GC in january. I have not heard
any thing since then from tsc. Has any body in the same situation?

right here :D

Sept 2005 - Applied for I-90 ( correction on GC)

Jan 2006- Recieved a letter confirming application and later recieved a second letter asking for supporting documents

Feb 2006- New Greencard issued

March 2006- Greencard never arrived. Called USCIS and found out that
Greencard was mailed to the wrong address.

May 2006- sent a letter to USCIS service center explaining the situation.

June 2006- USCIS never sent a response nor was the case status updated on
their website. Sent a letter and another I-90 to USCIS service
center.

and this is the message on their website now:

Current Status:
On June 12, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

However, I did not recieve any letter from them between the time of March-June 2006. I'm really confused and worried that they might have sent the letter to the wrong address again....

Any thoughts guys?

nozid said:
thanks for the input, Suldado. At least only the middle initial is missing on your GC while my daughter has the whole middle name missing. I think I have no choice but to go ahead and file the I-90 before anything becomes worse in the future. I just hope I will be able to have the I-551 stamp on my daughter's passport while waiting for the replacement card. Thanks again. Please let me know if you received your replacement card yet.
Hello, she will only b able to get her passport stamped if she is planning on tvl out the country, if her card has not been recv'd ontime... u will need tho take the I797 2 local office and they will stamp it 4 her, is she is not trv, just wait until they send it 2 u...good luck :)