why INS process my EAD application after 485 approval ? they took $240 from me today!

syj

Registered Users (C)
what can I say about INS ? I am grateful that they approved my GC, but why they still process my EAD renewal application and took my $240 ?

received Notice of Action today...

syj

Welcome to the World of INS, normally they would just Encash the Checks, and ignore the application, But your case is proof they screwed up.

Sorry about the 240.00 but you are approved, Think of it as an Insurance, God Forbid if you were not approved, today you would be jumping with joy, upon recieveing the Notice of Action.

;) :p :D

ramukv

there's quite a few, if you check the archives, and one of them is our good friend dma_va, so dont worry be happy, and let us guys who are not approved worry;) :p :D

yes, july16,

i and ramukv will just had to think this $240 as our insurance, ..., ..., I am happy, seriousy, but it would just feel better if i could use that $240 to buy the lasejet printer i have thought i can buy when i knew the approval... didn't know dma_va was before us.

wish you, habibi, and all those who are still waiting get their approvals soon

Actually,

I didn't personally loose any money on EAD renewal. It was my company that paid for it but that too due to silly lawyer's insistence on getting EAD renewed early on. I tried to persuade her to postpone it for a while. But I guess lawyer was seeing ~$250 going to her pocket as the motivating reason for her insistence.

Anyway, thank goodness I didn't agree to her demand of doing it for spouse as well.

INS might argue that if you alerady have Approvals why bother applying EAD? Then they just cash your check and through your application into trashcan when they really start processing case. No one would expect a casher can check the status of your entire application status. All well, it is a good thinking that the $240 is an insurence, no matter it is from your pocket or from the company. Believe me, the more you spend your company money, the secuirer the job you have.

:p

In a perfect world, they should verify status before accepting EAD related applications so that no further processing would require in cases like yours.

However, if you read carefully the instructions that come with the I-765 form, it says: "If a fee is required, it will NOT be refunded." Also, you should not go for "Stop Payment" on that check, because they might bill you for another $30 for the un-honored check (read the instructions)!!

They will process your application and will deny it on the basis of your approved I-485. Since you submitted a petition and since they will process it (even if denial); they will, of course, charge you the processing fee.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you

call up an IIO and ask them? Or even better, write to the new INS Commissioner to ask for a refund.

Does it make any sense to post such a useless item here??
Stop bitching and moaning about your $240 and live with it. And if you can't go a month without dinner, and that'll give you more peace of mind.