Why India is not getting respect in the world................

Re: I did not mean to say anything more ...

Originally posted by jian42
waytolong wrote:

Your statements, however true, holds no credibility because they are basically propaganda statements made by a dictatorial regime.

-----------------------

waytolong,

What makes your statements more credible than pacercolts'? Because your "democratic" government told you so? Or because you happen to be a frequent visitor, if not a resident, of China?

I assume you must have been in China before, not only once or twice, at least for some time, and witnessed the "horrible' facts behind all these fictional "propaganda". Otherwise, how can you make such a statement?

Or if you are "lucky" enough to have never set foot on China and got into any contact with this "dictatorial regime", I am surprised that you think what you see and hear on US media is all truth.

Yes, you could argue, it must be, because it has a "democratic government", isn't it?

So why don't I see any Indian take Pakistan as an ally in the global struggle againest Terrorism?

Come on, do you really look at things in such black and white?

I thought you should know better, since it sounds like you have been living in the "democratic" part of the world most of your life.

You missed the point Jian - which is not surprising considering that you grew up in a place where your opinion does not matter. Maybe Tienanmen square never had a massacre (many of my friends happen to think so). But I can have an OPINION about it. Can you have one that is against your government ?

Don't get so defensive when I am critical of the Chinese government or the communist party. They are my OPINIONS. Because I grew up in a country where we have that FREEDOM. You did not. That is why your statements are a suspect because they are very likely fed to you by a propaganda machine. All you are trained to do is regurgitate that crap.

As a rule of thumb when you have to say things like "the whole world is wrong - but we are right" then you should take a minute to introspect.

Get rid of the fascists in the politburo - then your opinion will matter. Because then you will be a individual with rights, not just a number to be kept track of.

Your statements about India and Pakistan, though cute, display a naiveté which can only be bred behind the iron curtain. Look very carefully at the statistics on the backgrounds of terrorists and you will know which side of the "war on terror" is Pakistan really on.

Last edited by a moderator: