Why I hate USCIS

USMC0121

First let me say that just becuase I am a US Marine I do not beleive I am entitled to anything more than anyone else. However if I can risk my life for my country and stand in front of the junior Marines I lead in a war (which i have done x2 deployments) than the motivation for why I fight for our freedom, my wife, deserves to stay here legally. I initally contacted the so called customer service center. I do not know why they call it customer service becuase no real service ever happens on those phone calls. I contacted them becuase I did not trust USCIS after reading and hearing all these horror stories. I was right. I was told me wife who is here legally til Sept on a J 1 Visa was going to be deported, then I heard she could stay, I heard everything. Thats what happens when the Goverment hires people with GED's and lesser degrees. I understand that part. So then we proceeded to take off work to go to the Washington field office to talk to a real live immigration office! What a delight that was! She was all attitude in between every chomp of her BigMac, which from what I could see wasnt the first one she had ever had. She gave us all the required forms. I 485, I190 I325. However to my dismay when we began filling them out they were all expired forms! Luckily my base legal office gave us the right ones and we filed them. I included a note that I need the process expedited and for good reason. I need to reenlist in the USMC so that way I can stay in the fight. It is in our ethos, Semper Fidelis. However unless my wife can become legal I can not do that becuase what if I deploy I need her to come with me, or im not here and she gets deported. Not to mention we have a new born, and my wife can not get a license to take him to drs appointments b/s shes not legal! We even sent it priority mail. I did this so that I could force USCIS to do something that I must on a daily basis. That is BE ACCOUNTABLE. If I am not accountable and my Marines are not accountable to me.... we die. However USCIS still fudged that up. They didnt sign for the package and all the Post office can do is assure me they have it. But of course inbetween the 3 packages they do a day in between their stuffing their face with Cheetos and playing solitaire I stilla month later have no reciept # so that my Senators offices, who empathize with me, can expedite it. My senators office needs to the receipt # so that way they can track it and have it sent to the local field office for expedition. In between all the fat mildly retarded Immigration officers, the red tape and the bullshit, I have grown to hate USCIS. They are part of the Department of Homeland Security. What makes our Homeland more secure besides the men and women who are sacrificing their lives for our freedom, in other words me? In conclusion I found a paper Dr Emilio T Gonzalez, head of USCIS wrote. It is all about how he feels Military claims should be expedited b/c he was in the army and he understands, yada yada yada. Hey Dr. Gonzalez, Im throwing up the bullshit flag on that one buddy. That paper may of gotten you the job and a standing ovation and some black tie dinner you gave it at, but here in the real world the rest of us know your full of caca. Semper Fidelis, keep fighting immigration, theres many battlefields and many warriors, and I am a warrior on the same battlefield as the rest of you. Good luck in all future endeavors.
:cool:

Sorry cannot reply as such to your post only to agree that you can die for this country at 18years old, yet you cannot have a legal drink.

In otherwords, nothing seems to make sense

Just so you know the customer service telephone number IMHO is a waste of time, you hold on the line for up to 45 mins just to get to speak to a clerk who is only able to read (parrot fashion) from their computer screen or card.

If after talking with this person, saying you need to speak with an IO, if your lucky you get transferred to an IMO, thats after a second long wait

Eevn they cannot look into your file, only advise the basic's

Why not try an info pass and sit down with an officer, at least you feel human doing so and they do have a special e-mail address to place a trace on your case status

Hey ho, will this system ever improve? I do hope so. Cannot understand why we cannot be allocated an officer number with our receipt numbers so we can at least e-mail them directly for answers and just think of the money the USCIS would save on making the tele clerks redundant

No Accountability

I both concur and sympathise with the sentiments expressed above by Mr. Marine. I am a British citizen. My wife is American, and we were married five years ago. She resided in the UK with me for two years. Despite huge immigration related issues in Great Britain, she was cleared for and issued with the appropriate visa to live and work over there within two weeks. When we came to live in the US, I was not given permission to work for eight months. And, despite having sent a lot of money to USCIS, we have as yet received no response or update from them regarding the status of my case. I spent four years in the Army and six years working with New Scotland Yard. I would dearly love to return to this field and use my skills to benefit the USA, but will probably never be able to do so. An InfoPass appointment would require me to travel almost 600 miles one-way! The big problem I have with this whole issue, in addition to the time it takes for USCIS to process cases, is the fact that no one seems accountable in this matter. USCIS provide no information to anyone. Congressmen and Senators provide no assistance whatsoever. The FBI, who take forever and a day to process name checks, don't even bother to answer their telephones. Coming from a free country such as the United Kingdom of Great Britain, I am accustomed to those in public office, together with all government agencies, being accountable to the general population. This is obviously not the case in the United States and I now realise that the freedoms this country claims are merely fictitional and something ought to be done to ensure that the people of this country truly are free and not simply brainwashed into thinking they are.

Mr. Marine,
Your story is amazing. I hear your pain. Try to contact the newspeople.

Last edited by a moderator: