why employer does not give 140

sam_reddy

Registered Users (C)
I am curious to know, why does employer's are afraid to give 140. I understand its employer petition, but they file against employee and employee have right to know the status as well as have a copy of approval.

Whats confidential info will be there is 140, which employer is afraid to give.
Other than federal tax #, I do not see any confidentail info.

Even if we know, fed tax # what can anyone do with it.

Lets all of discuss on this issue, please add info if you guys know it.

If you want to get a copy of I-140 Approval notice search this site for FOIA. It allows you to request for USCIS to get your entire GC case file.

why employers don't give show to employees..I don't know. May be it happens with only few chota mota desi companies. I never heard it for other folks who are working for big companies.

sam_reddy said:
I am curious to know, why does employer's are afraid to give 140. I understand its employer petition, but they file against employee and employee have right to know the status as well as have a copy of approval.

There is no reason for not giving I-140 to beneficiary. Any decent company would do that. Only reason they can refuse to provide when they want to delay GC processing - hence exploiting the employee little bit longer.

But you can get your I-140 number from USCIS using FIOA.

Also, remember that you own your 485, and not your employer. Once you get your 140 through FOIA, you can file your 485/EAD ASAP without telling your employer (for abusive employers).