Why EB 485 has the lowest priority?

YJay

Registered Users (C)
Whenever BSIC gets pressure from congress or influential politicians, they will reprioritize their tasks and EB I-485 is pushed father down the queue. This it is not totally the fault of BCIS.

Why EB I-485 was never put on the plates of politicians? It's the selfish nature of human beings. All immigration bills are politically motivated. Politicians need to win votes to keep their political career. Yes, votes.

1) Religious workers – back by church goers ( American citizens= voters)
2) Illegal immigrants – the majority is Hispanic. They are the largest minority group. Politicians need to please Hispanic community.
3) Family based immigrants – sponsored by American citizens (voters)
999) EB based I-485s – no support from American citizens, not be able to vote until 5 years after GC; no immediate benefit to the politicians. We contribute to the country more than any other groups. Yes, politicians know that. But we contribute to their political agenda the least.

I did some research and found the majority of VA congress members are in favor of the illegal, family based, religious workers, asylums, but against EB immigrants.

Frank Wolf is the only one who is in favor of reducing family based chain immigration and supports EB immigrants. George Bush? His brother married a Mexican. All the illegals are like his in-laws while we legal taxpaying EB immigrants are treated not much better than "out-laws".

Let's stop hoping our turn will come! Let's fight! Let's cry out our anger! Let's not tolerate anymore! Let's not pretend we are super noble!

Let's act. Sending our petition to your local politicians. Let them know
We are not happy with them taking our money and not providing the service;
We are not happy with their redirecting our application fees towards enforcement functions which are fruitless anyway;
We are not happy with their undermining our contributions to the country;
We are not happy with their effort in buying votes by pleasing other immigration groups but ignoring us law-abiding and taxpaying residents!

Please support all efforts on this board in fighting for our benefit.

Have a nice weekend.

And what will that do ?. So what if we are not happy. Your note itself says that we do not get them votes.
Instead of being crybabies, and begging for sympathy let us act.
Class Action will make them listen to us.

Originally posted by YJay
Let's act. Sending our petition to your local politicians. Let them know
We are not happy with them taking our money and not providing the service;
We are not happy with their redirecting our application fees towards enforcement functions which are fruitless anyway;
We are not happy with their undermining our contributions to the country;
We are not happy with their effort in buying votes by pleasing other immigration groups but ignoring us law-abiding and taxpaying residents!

Please support all efforts on this board in fighting for our benefit.

Have a nice weekend.

Re: Re: Why EB 485 has the lowest priority?

Yes, class action.

But before the action is actually started we need keeping buzzing politicians with our petition.

I got a letter response from Senator Warner. At least he got one more reminders that BCIS is too slow.

Originally posted by sai_2367
And what will that do ?. So what if we are not happy. Your note itself says that we do not get them votes.
Instead of being crybabies, and begging for sympathy let us act.
Class Action will make them listen to us.

yJay,
We never were in the politicians’ main agenda. Reasons behind is

We are taking most of the skilled jobs.
We are raising un-employment rate
We are making more than average American income.
We can't vote. So they don't care about us.

That is why our petitions are not making any difference.

Unless congress changes its attitude it will be like this

Originally posted by manumahi
yJay,

How about tracking down all the indian politicians who are actively involved with Democrats and Republicans and contact them as groups and request them to pursue with the congressmen?

True, but untrue.

Let me say it in a different way:

Most of us take skilled jobs. But it only comprise a small portion;
Bush is raising unemployment rate by destabilizing the economic environment, turning a huge surplus into a humongous deficit and rocking the investment confidence of local businesses and foreign investors;
We are making more than average American income but less than the average people who hold the same level of positions;

"We can't vote. So they don't care about us." - we still send them the petition anyways, making them be aware of us. Class action is our next, making them be fair to us.

Originally posted by manumahi
yJay,

-------------------------------------------------
yJay,

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Add:
Not even we are donors for Campaigns!!(atleast,to be in their eyes).

Why not w raise some money...

Why not w raise some money...and ... in a legitimate way give to it campaign fund of the right party. Money talks every where at least in this land of opportunity.

Lets not try to reinvent the wheel here.
We have plenty of momentum for a class action and lets keep it that way. We can even raise funds for that.
Whoever wants donate money to the politicians, GO AHEAD! I'm not buying this idea. I would rather wait till the end of time or leave.

Becareful about donations for politicians

There are laws to regulate that. I think you have to be citizen to be qualified to donate your money. Otherwise, you will be in trouble and the politician too.

Re: Why not w raise some money...

The problem with this approach is that congresspersons cannot simply demand BCIS to speed up immediately. BCIS can always give them reasons and get away with it. In the case of a lawsuit, they cannot get away with lame excuses and will be held accountable for the promises made. What if the money is paid and you are still stuck ??

Originally posted by probashi
Why not w raise some money...and ... in a legitimate way give to it campaign fund of the right party. Money talks every where at least in this land of opportunity.

You can donate money to a particular party even though you are not a citizen. For example you can register yourself as a primary member in the Republican or Democratic party.

Interesting. For online donations like the ones promoted by the democratic candidates (Howard Dean etc.), you have to certify that you are either a Citizen or a permanent Resident to make contributions.

Originally posted by frantic
You can donate money to a particular party even though you are not a citizen. For example you can register yourself as a primary member in the Republican or Democratic party.

Federal Election Campaign Act.
Foreign Nationals:- Contributions from foreign nationals who do not have permanent residence in the United States (i.e., those without green cards) are prohibited. Additionally, foreign nationals may not make contributions in connection with any election, including state and local elections.

Foreigners can not donate for elections. I knew these by news several years ago. People got sued and the politician had hard time to explain.