Why EAD process is slow?

abc71

Registered Users (C)
I filed my EAD on Oct. 30th 2005 (EAD renewal - paper file). There is no change on my case status message or LUD. Does any one know why there is a delay? The uscis website status the processing for the EAD application is Oct. 20th 2005.

Is there any one on the same boat?

Can we get interim ead?

I applied for my renewal on October 30th.
My current one is expiring on Feb 16th. Can I walk into to USCIS office to pick up the interim EAD after 90 days of application?

Ead

where did you guys filed your case, I think Nebraska guys are getting it faster withing two months, I just filed mine and waiting for Receipt, my EAD expires March 31st,

keeping fingers crossed

mine was Nebraska

gc_nh said:
I applied for my renewal on October 30th.
My current one is expiring on Feb 16th. Can I walk into to USCIS office to pick up the interim EAD after 90 days of application?

Yes. Before they will print out the card the same day. Now I am not sure.

guldukan said:
where did you guys filed your case, I think Nebraska guys are getting it faster withing two months, I just filed mine and waiting for Receipt, my EAD expires March 31st,

keeping fingers crossed

mine was Nebraska

I filed mine with CSC

Ead

I filed EAD for my wife online on Oct 28th at CSC. She just got her EAD approved yesterday. I think they are waiting for 90 day limit to approve it. Good luck to you guys.

skgoli said:
I filed EAD for my wife online on Oct 28th at CSC. She just got her EAD approved yesterday. I think they are waiting for 90 day limit to approve it. Good luck to you guys.

Did you all efile or paper file your EAD?
I am with NSC and my current EAD was approved in a month. I efile all
my EAD renewal. I will be filing for EAD renewal in March and need to know if
I should file it a little earlier because of the delays.

thanks

I e-filed my EAD on Dec 13th. Got the email status: "On January 23, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Am I eligible to work now?
Any idea when I should be getting my card (I'm hoping before the 90 days)

I will feel much more comfortable about working once i receive it.

minn_labor said:
Did you all efile or paper file your EAD?
I am with NSC and my current EAD was approved in a month. I efile all
my EAD renewal. I will be filing for EAD renewal in March and need to know if
I should file it a little earlier because of the delays.

thanks
I efiled my wife's EAD. She never worked on her original EAD that had expired in sep 05. She was starting to look for work when we files the renewal late OCt.

skgoli said:
I efiled my wife's EAD. She never worked on her original EAD that had expired in sep 05. She was starting to look for work when we files the renewal late OCt.

May I ask what the start date is on your wife's new EAD? The renewal approval date or the expire date of the old EAD?

kytana36 said:
I e-filed my EAD on Dec 13th. Got the email status: "On January 23, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Am I eligible to work now?
Any idea when I should be getting my card (I'm hoping before the 90 days)

I will feel much more comfortable about working once i receive it.

You can not technically work until you get your EAD card. You will be required to give a copy of it along with your W9 form when you start a job.
You should get it in less than a week.

This really sucks, Its like we are waiting for some free service. We pay hundreads of dollars every year (actually every 6 months) and buy 3-4 month sleepless and tension filled months.

If you see it from the USCIS angle, its no wonder that all the GC's are now held back - that makes each and every guy on EAD to spend this amount - multiply that by a few hundred thousand people: thats a lot of millions into the coffers of USCIS.

Ah! I used to think that my country was the a "Red Tape" haven - I am wrong :rolleyes:

sridas said:
This really sucks, Its like we are waiting for some free service. We pay hundreads of dollars every year (actually every 6 months) and buy 3-4 month sleepless and tension filled months.

If you see it from the USCIS angle, its no wonder that all the GC's are now held back - that makes each and every guy on EAD to spend this amount - multiply that by a few hundred thousand people: thats a lot of millions into the coffers of USCIS.

Ah! I used to think that my country was the a "Red Tape" haven - I am wrong :rolleyes:

are you planning on abandoning your immigration process and going back to your 'red tape' haven?

well, I would have done that a long time ago...
Thanks to USCIS my Immunity now has been built up over the years with long waits and tensions :p

EAD got approved.

Hi,

My EAD renewal application got approved today. I received emails from USCIS stating the application is approved.

I am not sure whether the dates are moved till Oct. 30th 2005 or it got approved since it has passed the processing time mentioned in the receipt (75-90 days)

Thought will share this information with others.