Why don't we all meet?

munnabhai02

Registered Users (C)
Why don't we all meet.
Here 'We' means the guys who are actively involved into getting our backlog petition through.
1. If everyone agrees to then we can set up an appointment with Rajiv khanna and see him in his office.
2. Or meet at a centralized place convenient to everyone.
A centralized place can be chosen by posting the individual locations and then picking the best option by voting or by majority.
3. Call other guys too who want to be volunteers and contribute in some or the other way. That will be really helpful.
4. All guys interested can bring their own material for discussion.
The chosen head/the president of this task (edison/dsatish/dengdeng etc etc to name a few) can be contacted thru this portal for details and can inform the head what he/she is bringing for discussion.
5. The head/volunteer can sit down with other guys and if possible together with the chosen attorney and talk face to face instead of writing on this portal which is missed by many. A word can be spread across this portal for the meeting place and I am sure a lot of folks who are not involved in this portal would turn up with families. This way we can take their signatures too.
Can contribute some money for calling media there at the meeting place.
I know I am missing a lot of things here. But its a suggestion you all might want to consider.
Post your suggestions on this and lets see if we can have better reasons for meeting in person and settling down this backlog issue which is not showing any sign of improvement in near future.
You guys have already done a lot of paperwork which can be improvized on if more people join in with the families and friends.
There are lot of people here in and around us who are suffering but we see quite a few here on this portal.
Any thoughts?

dsatish
Lets see the response from everybody.
To expedite this I urge people on this forum to:
1. Express yourself if this is really going to work. Advantages/disadvantages etc etc.
2. Please mention your location when/if you reply and are interested.
3. Also indicate how much (in miles) you are willing to travel.
4. I think we should have atleast substantial amount to people (75-100) who feel its worth.

My location: Leesburg, Virginia.
Can travel max. 60-75 miles on a weekend.

Originally posted by munnabhai02
dsatish

75miles max is for bothways or one way...??
How many miles can you travel if it is week day ?
Is the limit set by you or your car ?
Don't you know many ae there in NJ/NY which is more than 100 miles from DC?

You want to get ~100 DC local people ... into Rajiv's office

and confident that you get on to one agreement in one sitting ?

:D:D Hillarious..:D:D

I am remembering Jaspal Bhatti.............:D

Its indeed a very GOOD Idea.
My location:Boston. MA
Can travel ??? miles for Green Card (NJ, NY is ok).
Thanks.

There you go Shantanu.
You said it all. I was expecting some or the other joker to come back and make fun of this.
You did it. Typical.........
Thanks anyway.
You said Jaspal Bhatti and within seconds I brushed my memory.
Here it is

Three dead bodies turn up at the mortuary, all with very big smiles on their faces. A Detective Inspector is sent and is taken straight to the first body. "This guy was an Englishman, 60, died of heart failure while making love to his mistress. Hence the enormous smile Inspector", says the mortuary chief. The D.I. nods understandingly and is taken to the second dead man. "This was an American, 25, won 124 million dollars in the Power Ball, spent it all on booze. Died of alcohol poisoning, hence the contended smile." "Nothing unusual here", thinks the D.I., and asks to be shown the last body. "Ah," says the chief, "this is the most unusual one, a Sardar, 30, struck by lightning." "Why is he smiling then?" inquires the Inspector. "Thought he was having his picture taken," replies the chief.

I am on the west coast .Surely cannot make it .

PS :

Sardars are patriotic and Intelligent...

Sardar Jokes make no sense...

Originally posted by pingpong02
I am on the west coast .Surely cannot make it .

PS :

Sardars are patriotic and Intelligent...

Sardar Jokes make no sense...

Just like some blondes are truly beautiful and really intelligent and NOT ditzy at all!! And, yet, we keep hearing blonde jokes from time to time :) :D

You can make a lot of progress when you meet personally. I am very much for that idea. But I don't think I can make it as I stay in Atlanta.

Or people can have their own meetings in different places. Or whatever happened to the idea of meeting in a chat room or in a conference call over the phone?

Sounds like a good idea, if we can really achieve something by meeting in person

I can come anywhere, I live in NJ

Last week, because of not having a GC, I was not considered for a very good fulltime opportunity in a very good company. I want this damn GC ASAP.

Frantic has a very good idea about conference call. But the point is that we need main frame guys who are very much into this, who are practically developing petition from scratch.
Don't know where dsatish/edison/dengdeng etc live.
Secondly about individual meetings. Again the same thing. Each meeting place should have the main frame person present to start the discussion stepwise since he/she knows the roots of the petition.
The best option I feel would be is to select say 10 main frame guys who knows this in details and divide these 10 guys into 10 different conference/meeting stations as per the locations convenient to them. OR divide these 10 guys in such a way so that each main guy can choose a meeting place close to his/her home and this main person can make a sort of team of persons who are living in that area.
Each team can give their outcome in the end to xyz and the results/changes on this portal.
I think we need to do some more work on this as to how are we going to divide the teams. Dividing the teams will help in terms of traveling long distances.
Any thoughts?

I wish to be there

Originally posted by munnabhai02
dsatish
Lets see the response from everybody.
To expedite this I urge people on this forum to:
1. Express yourself if this is really going to work. Advantages/disadvantages etc etc.
2. Please mention your location when/if you reply and are interested.
3. Also indicate how much (in miles) you are willing to travel.
4. I think we should have atleast substantial amount to people (75-100) who feel its worth.

I am in NJ. I will try my best. Can we explore other possibilites
such as teleconference type meeting with Rajeeve?? Sure it costs some money, all participants evenly share it.

Core Team

It's good to see that a lot of people are coming out with inititives in this thread. I would suggest that let's first form Core Team in this forum. Every member of this core team should be committed to the efforts that this team takes. Once core team is formed, we can create a thread for our activities. We can move in an organised manner. Let me prepare the comprehensive list of people who are already active and those who have responded in this thread :

Active members in Petition preparation (forgive me if i miss any one)
-------------------------------------------------
Edison
dsatish
cinta
YJay
kjkool
Topaz
kashmir
frantic

Note : I have omitted people like dengdeng, Sai etc who are already approved or about to be approved.

Members who exressed interest in this thread :
------------------------------------------------------------
munnabhai02
feb12rd
whats_in_name
bangloreboy

Additional Names collected from the petition / media thread :
----------------------------------------------------------------
waitingL1
WheresMahGreen
sunk1ng

So that's 15 names. Now please let me know if any of the members listed above can not take active interest. Also every group needs a co-ordinator / leader for effective functioning and i would request Edison to take up that role. If he expresses his inability to spare enough time to be a leader, then we got to request some one else. As for me, i won't be able to spend much time on this forum after a week. I will continue to be a member and visit this forum in the evenings.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHO ELSE WANT TO BE PART OF THE CORE TEAM ?
Any other comments are also welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
dsatish
i am sure we are missing some more imp members here like dengdeng (if interested).
Can we subdivide the core members into different teams (after we get more names). So it will be easier to see how many teams we can have in total. It may be possible that 4 out of 10 core members may want to stay in the same team.

I guess we should request greatyk, july16, magesh_kk, girish rajput and patienceGC to stage a comeback and contribute to this.
If not atleast give suggestions.
Can Moderators and Operations email these people about this since they do not visit this forum at all?

I would love to attend

but I live in Atlanta!

If Atlantans want we could meet at Alluvia restaurant!

;)

Good luck to all of you guys!

Re: I would love to attend

Originally posted by patienceGC
but I live in Atlanta!

If Atlantans want we could meet at Alluvia restaurant!

;)

Good luck to all of you guys!
PGC,
I will drive from Virginia to Atlanta if the venue is Atlanta Gold Club :p
BTW, is that still there ?