Why don't we all Immigrants or waiting to be approved immigrants do one day strike

jainan24

Registered Users (C)
Only then USA will realize the value of the immigrants. One day the entire system will slow down and it will show how powerful we are. I know it is a tough proposition but we have to muster enough support to do something like this only then incompetent agencies like FBI and USCIS will understand

Good idea

Nice Idea..BUt what do you tell the company you are working? Do you tell them it's a strike or you are taking leave. Some companies' policies may not allow you to do a strike. Unless they know it's a strike it won't be effective.

it does not take much for information to spread. We are legally here and whatever USCIS and FBI is doing is not just. The perspectives have to be changed

Most of the high-skilled potential immigrants work in the private sector, and the private sector is supportive of the immigrants. Striking work will impact that same private sector more than the government.
So I think its not a good idea to strike work enmasse.

How about some constructive way of spreading awareness?
One idea I have is: Instead of striking work for a day, pick a day and donate the earnings of that one designated day to charity via Rajiv Khanna or IV.

Rajiv Khanna (if he volunteers) or some central responsible entity will collect the number of signatures and one day's earnings from everyone and give it to a charity organization. Make a big banner check and present to charity in front of USCIS/DOS office or in Washington DC. Invite lot of press to cover the event.