Why Code 1 ? - second fingerprint when PD is current

balabala

Registered Users (C)
We (spouse and I ) had done Code 3 in March-2005, now our PD became current in July, and we recevied letter for second FingerPrint, it states Code 1, why they want us to have Code 1? I know the difference between Code 1,2 and 3, but don't understand why we need to do just Code 1 this time. Can anyone explain this? I know someone got Code 2 or 3 in this situation ( second fingerprint), and never heard of Code 1 for second fingerprint. Could that be a typo?

Thanks for any input.

balabala said:
We (spouse and I ) had done Code 3 in March-2005, now our PD became current in July, and we recevied letter for second FingerPrint, it states Code 1, why they want us to have Code 1? I know the difference between Code 1,2 and 3, but don't understand why we need to do just Code 1 this time. Can anyone explain this? I know someone got Code 2 or 3 in this situation ( second fingerprint), and never heard of Code 1 for second fingerprint. Could that be a typo?

Thanks for any input.

I am in the same situation as yours. I have my finger prints done on 07/20 and the very first time I had Code 1 and now they have asked me again to have code 1. I have filed my 485 in 07/2003 yes it is 2003. I am still waiting to get my approval. Surprisingly there is no update(LUD change) on my case after the finger prints are done. Please advise......

GC7 said:
I am in the same situation as yours. I have my finger prints done on 07/20 and the very first time I had Code 1 and now they have asked me again to have code 1. I have filed my 485 in 07/2003 yes it is 2003. I am still waiting to get my approval. Surprisingly there is no update(LUD change) on my case after the finger prints are done. Please advise......

My PD is Oct 2003. I had my code 1 done on May 17th. Teh LUD on my case has not changed either. I called FBI last week and they said that my FPs were processed and the result sent back to USCIS on May 17th. I, also, called the 1.800 number for USCIS customer service a couple of times to check the status of my case and it is unable to give me a status indicating that my file is open but I don't know why since my PD is not current.

GC7, we did FP on 7/25, called CSC to check status on 7/26 and 7/28, and they said have not receive or update the FP results yet. In the call on 7/28, the officer did check our files which indicating primary's name check is cleared and dependant is still pending, and told us those files (PD current) are on the shelf just waiting for FP to complete. Then we got LUD on 7/28, which I believe is caused by the inquiry.

ON 7/31,we got another LUD, which I guess the CSC received the FP results, otherwise I don't think there are any other reason to have that LUD.

About Code 1, some posts says that's normal to have the code 1 at the second FP and code 3 for the first FP. Your case is rare to me, and are you sure your first FP is code 1? Code 3 will take your pictures and signature besides the FP.

balabala said:
GC7, we did FP on 7/25, called CSC to check status on 7/26 and 7/28, and they said have not receive or update the FP results yet. In the call on 7/28, the officer did check our files which indicating primary's name check is cleared and dependant is still pending, and told us those files (PD current) are on the shelf just waiting for FP to complete. Then we got LUD on 7/28, which I believe is caused by the inquiry.

ON 7/31,we got another LUD, which I guess the CSC received the FP results, otherwise I don't think there are any other reason to have that LUD.

About Code 1, some posts says that's normal to have the code 1 at the second FP and code 3 for the first FP. Your case is rare to me, and are you sure your first FP is code 1? Code 3 will take your pictures and signature besides the FP.

balabala,

you code 1 FP might have expired and as far as I remember its an auto process that sent out a new FP code 1 notice once the old ones are about to expire. Since your current status is still 485 pending, the system might have just kicked off another FP Code 1 notice for you.
What number did you call at CSS to check the status of your FP? I would like to talk to someone directly at CSC regarding why my LUD has not changed.

minn_labor said:
balabala,

you code 1 FP might have expired and as far as I remember its an auto process that sent out a new FP code 1 notice once the old ones are about to expire. Since your current status is still 485 pending, the system might have just kicked off another FP Code 1 notice for you.
What number did you call at CSS to check the status of your FP? I would like to talk to someone directly at CSC regarding why my LUD has not changed.

The first time I went to have my FP was in 10/2004 and at that time there were no Code's that means it was just the FP for all the fingers. I have never taken a photograph at ASC as Minn_Labor said new FP code 1 notice kicked off when the first one got expired. My PD is current and my PD date is 01/07/2001 and I filed it in EB3 category. I strongly feel that LUD will be changed for whatever CODE's you get your FP done. I might be wrong but I have seen in this form with 2nd FP as Code 1 and still got their LUD changed. Do you have any idea why my 485 is not getting approved when my PD is current, and name check is cleared. I will call the senator's office again and check with them today, will update you all.

Thanks

minn_labor said:
balabala,

The first time I went to have my FP done was in 10/2004 and at that time there were no Code's that means it was just the FP for all the fingers. I have never taken a photograph at ASC as Minn_Labor said new FP code 1 notice kicked off when the first one got expired. My PD is current and my PD date is 01/07/2001 and I filed it in EB3 category. I strongly feel that LUD will be changed for whatever CODE's you get your FP done. I might be wrong but I have seen in this form with 2nd FP as Code 1 and still got their LUD changed. Do you have any idea why my 485 is not getting approved when my PD is current, and name check is cleared. I will call the senator's office again and check with them today, will update you all.

Thanks

minn_labor said:
balabala,

minn,

I got the 2nd FP notice with the "help" of my congressman, who checked the status for us and found our FP expired, then the CSC send us a notice for the 2nd FP. But I certianly believe even the congressman had not done the inquiry the 2nd FP notice should be automaticly sent to us. It's so happened around 15 months after the 1st FP.
I called the public number of BSCIS and it automatically transfered my call to CSC---they know my caller ID.

one more question for all of you who have done the 2nd FP, when you guys got LUD after the 2nd FP, did the message change? In my case, after the 1st FP, the message showed it received the FP, however, after the 2nd FP, message did not change.

GC7 said:
I have very similar situation. i just recieved my second FP. can u please tell me after second FP (called biometric these days with code 1 in my case) ur 485 got approved (it it has already gotten approved, by the way congrats in that case).

Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator: