why cannot we create a Plan B??

Marlon,
Where in Canada did you live ? Do you have a degree from the US or Canada ? What was the best job you could get ? Did you try to commute daily to US from Canada ?

Whats your opinion between UK, Australia and Canada which would be better place ?

visa stamping

sorry guys this not the right form to post this question,but i am going to get 7th yr h-1 extention at the same time my spouse will get h-4 extention.may i will have to travel to my home country,so can i get h-1 and h-4 visa stamping in canada or mexico? is it true that you should be working or studying in usa to get stamped from these countries?i was wondering if h-4 of my spouse can be stamped from any of these countries for my h-1 i can i know but what about h-4?

I lived in Canada, BC and also spent few weeks in Toronto. People from BC used to say that Toronto had more employment opportunities. Then I went to Toronto and heard the same there, that BC was the place to go. I've been in sluggish economies before, I know how lame it is.

I am taking a masters in the US, hopefully finishing in 2007. I put it on hold because I was unable to get federal aid, but it seems now under AP I qualify for US federal aid already. I never felt that a degree from the US or Canada was perceived as major factor for advancement as long as one is qualified though. The only thing that is preventing further advancement in my opinion is the lack of the greencard, that's for sure.

Yes, I thought about commuting and in fact I tried. As a PR that would not be feasible, since the Canadian immigration officers would inquire every day what is going on with you going back and forth and that scrutiny is not very practical. In addition, you probably would end up losing your Canadian PR in the process. Even if you are a citizen, that sucks drive back and forth and most people I know gave up from that idea, and you need to pay high taxes in Canada as well since you are living there and here.

I think the answer of a better place between the three is really subjective, but here it is my *personal* opinion:
I would pick Australia, because at least if you don't enjoy the same level of career opportunities as you do in the US, at least you can drink a beer in a sunny place and have more fun. It seems Australia is a nice place to live. As long as you arrive with the full permanent residency, that is OK. If you can, what I discourage you from doing again is going thru this process of waiting for immigration paperwork, that is a nightmare and could well ruin your life.

texancanadian said:
Marlon,
Where in Canada did you live ? Do you have a degree from the US or Canada ? What was the best job you could get ? Did you try to commute daily to US from Canada ?

Whats your opinion between UK, Australia and Canada which would be better place ?

garam.chadi said:
The future is quite different ... in future USA will not need more talented workers .. but more unskilled types ...

Yes .. computer languages will become ENGLISH LIKE, nano machines will be able to monitor and cure our body... AI will be everywhere.... and guys who claim there are highly talented will be out of work...

Indeed US might not need so called high tech workers .. when machines will make a higher generation machines ...

puhleasssse.........dont talk whats going to happen after 50 years.....i am just concerned with the next 15 years........heck.......right now even the next 6 months looks like history creating events in my life story.....

techy2468 said:
p.i am just concerned with the next 15 years

15 years will just fly ... hope you get the the GC by then.... What concerns you so much ..... after crossing ones half-life. The best phase seems to be over ... lets cross over the next.

Pray that next life .. U get born in USA and become a citizen direct. IV guys will not bug U to empty Ur wallet .....

Hmm if that would remove Ur concern right now.

Live happy... :)

Nadi.....nasty..nasty...whats that remark about the WALLET THING...

its not money or time, we all have enough of it, its about ideology....thats where i differed from IV....but i am happy they are doing great...

dude 15 years wont fly.....i will live every moment of it....GC or no GC.....india or australia or usa....it does not matter...

Last edited by a moderator: