Why Atlanta is so slow............ ????

noami5

Registered Users (C)
Why Atlanta is so slow..... ?????????

I am waiting for an interview three months......... : (

I think Atlanta is probably the slowest DO in the nation!

You need to wait for at least 5 months from your priority date for the interview to be scheduled (note, NOT to the interview date). Although 5 months is the stated processing time across the nation, but people seem to get scheduled much sooner at other DOs.

It drives me crazy all this waiting ......
So how long do you think such a thing can go

If I did the fingerprint on 8/23

Up to five months is the time everything needs to be completed until I get passport? Or it could be longer and it?
And thanks for the help and answers of all ..

Interesting. The field processing times for Atlanta do not show any delay:

Field Office Processing Dates for Atlanta GA as of: September 30, 2012
N-400 Application for Naturalization 5 Months

Other people a month ahead of you still do not have an interview scheduled. (Like our friend Grashoppr) Keep waiting! 5 months is a meaningless number.
Check it out: http://i.imgur.com/LmKE9.png

I heard my name in vain? LOL!

Yep I've been waiting a while now. Naomi, starting a new thread every few days won't make it happen sooner. I've been telling you for weeks that it takes a while.

I've been in line for interview since 7/30 and nothing yet. At the end of this week that will be 4 months just in line. I do expect some movement soon (I hope) but it just is what it is.

Why is Atlanta so slow? It's a big city, with a lot of immigrants, that's why. It serves a large area too - not just metro Atlanta. A friend of mine who lives near the GA/FL state line had her interview/oath in GA. That's 4+ hours' drive away. So yeah, big service area, dense population = lots of people to process = slow processing time. NY is similar - very slow. It's not rocket science, it's "government"... government wheels turn pretty slowly anyway, when you combine that with a huge dense service area, it's just slower.

Be patient, your turn will come... hopefully mine comes soon.