why are the cases transferred to Lincoln , NE

josamdee

Registered Users (C)
on 13th I called to check the status of my case and today i received LUDs with following message.
My case was with CSC and i have never moved anywhere. What does this mean?
Is this some new delaying tactic started by USCIS.

"On February 14, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

josamdee,
It seems CSC is trying to transfer all the old cases to NSC sooner or later. Did you get any luds except the one today? What answer did you get when you called?
I got 3 luds since last week with no message change and have no idea if it is about transfer, or other stuff. My 485 RD is very close to yours.
Have your name check cleared?

It's selective, only about 10% of the pending cases get transferred. All on 2/14. My guess is these are all lucky ones who are cleared of name check. Because I just got confirmed that I'm still in the NC hell, so my case stayed.

xyr888 said:
josamdee,
It seems CSC is trying to transfer all the old cases to NSC sooner or later. Did you get any luds except the one today? What answer did you get when you called?
I got 3 luds since last week with no message change and have no idea if it is about transfer, or other stuff. My 485 RD is very close to yours.

xyr888 said:
josamdee,

I was told by the senator that my Namecheck was cleared but when I did an Infopass, they said that they have submitted for NC twice and it was cleared once and pending for other so they dont kinow what is the status on NC. The lady at infopass also mentioned that NC should be 99% cleared.

Last edited by a moderator:
dragonhead said:
It's selective, only about 10% of the pending cases get transferred. All on 2/14.

Hey DragonHead, What did you mean by "All on 2/14"?
Are all cases transfered on 2/14?

Also did you imply that only Nc cleared cases are getting transferred to Nebraska?

just FYI...
I had called on 2/13 to check status and they initiated enquiry for my case. I thought it was related to my enquiry.

Last edited by a moderator:
got an LUD for 485 application on 2/19 with no message change.

looks like a mass update again.

I dont know how many years these buggers will keep playing with our applications. reminds me of a TV serial called Office-Office.

"Kuton ke saath to menakaji hain. Hamare saath koyi bhi nahin"