Why am I repeatedly checking online case status?

brigand

Registered Users (C)
My 140 got approved this morning.

I got 2 email msgs regarding my 140 approval! I was in total disbelief. Frantically checked online status and got sudden headrush!! Called family, friends and yelled...my cube neighbor must be wondering what I140 is and why should it be so exciting to somebody !

But since then, I have been checking online status every five minutes and pretend as though Im reading it for the first time and express surprise!! There is nobody else watching me, so I dont know whom Im trying to fool....this 140 crap has psyched me out!!

How has life changed since I got my 140? I have decided to buy more furniture - since I dont have to worry abt having a distress sale if I get fired.

For ppl out there still waiting for 140, I know it stings a little reading abt other approvals!! But damn it, I finally got mine, so Im gonna gloat - nyah nyah nyah

Congrats!!

Hey Brigand,

Lemme be the first to congratulate you. If I am right your nd is in 05/03. Enjoy the disbelief !!! (while we await ours )

Yeppo

brigand said:
My 140 got approved this morning.

I got 2 email msgs regarding my 140 approval! I was in total disbelief. Frantically checked online status and got sudden headrush!! Called family, friends and yelled...my cube neighbor must be wondering what I140 is and why should it be so exciting to somebody !

But since then, I have been checking online status every five minutes and pretend as though Im reading it for the first time and express surprise!! There is nobody else watching me, so I dont know whom Im trying to fool....this 140 crap has psyched me out!!

How has life changed since I got my 140? I have decided to buy more furniture - since I dont have to worry abt having a distress sale if I get fired.

For ppl out there still waiting for 140, I know it stings a little reading abt other approvals!! But damn it, I finally got mine, so Im gonna gloat - nyah nyah nyah

I can imagine it, with memo's printout in one hand and bottle of wine in other - you must be shouting at a high pitch - Fujie Fujie (like Paro Paro...). Enjoy man - it is your day! :D

P.S. Just let me know when you start singing - Ab ja ke aaya mere bechain dil ko karar!

Hey Congratulations man ! , that’s funny but I did the same thing , it is like a big relief from bounded labor.
have fun !!

Jharkhandi said:
P.S. Just let me know when you start singing - Ab ja ke aaya mere bechain dil ko karar!

For his becahin dil to get karar he will have to get the 485 approved :)!!

Congrats brigand, enjoy !

Congrats Brigand,
I know the pain you have gone through as well. Even I kept seeing the website again and again and infact even pinched my own hands to see if I am seeing it REAL!!!

Next day morning again I checked to see if it was a dream, but it was true that my 140 got approved for sure and 2 emails from BCIS confirmed me the same.

Drive at 95mph and overtake a police car(lady cop) and dont forget to wink at the cop and say ........

How long did it take to get your approval? Was it EB2/EB3? Was it regular or substituted labor? Did you get any RFE???

Have fun.. The day is getting over and you should be all set to ROCK your Building tonight..

Want GC Soon :)

dashDurai said:
can we know your RD and category info? if you don't mind though.

Thank u all - this forum is really the best!!

This forum is really the only thing that makes the 140/485 process a little bearable - knowing that there are others out there who share the same frustrations and joy. Im still going to be hanging out at this forum!

I do feel that I have developed a connection with u guyz - hmd, Jharkhandi, Laxmany, nemesis, joyd, m7888, wantgc, etc etc etc!!

I live in Cincinnati metro area, so pl feel free to PM me!!

My details:

140/485 rd: 04/28/03
Nd: 05/08/03
140 AD: 06/11/04
485 AD: ???????

Congrats buddy! That’s wonderful news!

Just go, get drunk, go to the local dance club, and dance with as many girls as you wish till you get tired! Since this is your lucky week, you might take a ghori chic home and have fun... :D But remember to keep it as just one night stand! ;) :cool:

Congrats again and I am looking forward for that day of mine when I get my approval!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got my I-140 Approval . I sent my RFE on June 1st 2004 . Today I got the mail from USCIS .I-140 approved on June 11th 2004. I got RFE on may 13th 2004 regarding Education Evaluation

gcwaiting2001 said:
Today I got my I-140 Approval . I sent my RFE on June 1st 2004 . Today I got the mail from USCIS .I-140 approved on June 11th 2004. I got RFE on may 13th 2004 regarding Education Evaluation

Congratulations!!

but hey, ur stealing my thunder

Congratulations Brigand. I can definitely imagine how you feel. I still have to experience that feeling though :)

Enjoy your approval and Best Wishes

gcwaiting2001 said:

Congrats to you too gcwaiting2001, what is your ND?

Enjoy

congrats

brigand:
congrats!! i enjoy reading your posts - im v happy for you - you deserve it! it's been hard for all of us - americans dont understand - we are a group of individuals all pursuing a common goal. we have developed a bond with one another based on hope and faith. im glad to see you are making progress - it gives the rest of us hope. thank you and look frwd to seeing you get your 485..... ;) douglas