Why all these things only happens to me.. HELP

Kool G

Registered Users (C)
Here is my problem..
My wife applied for EAD on May 2001, She got RFE for photos. We did send the photos to Lawyer. He claimed the he sent them to INS. But they said they never received them. Lawyer never listened to me and said he has a tracking number and treated me like I have no idea what I am talking about. Finally I got rejection letter saying that they did not receive RFE on time.. Now layer is saying I have two options.

1. I\'ve to pay him again fee of $110 to reopen the file and send a letter to INS about RFE with tracking number. He does not know how long it going to take INS to open and approve.

2. Go to local INS and get temporary EAD for $100.. (My mailing address is in NJ and living in Philadelphia. Can I go to local Philly office or have to go to Newark. Which is faster?)

I am on unpaid leave. Every penny counts. Please help.

Heelo

You have to go to NEWWARK office; because your mailing address is
in NEWJERSY; Also the local INS offices will issue the EAD only
if you passes 90 days after the receipt date;Remember you have
to bring your receipt notice;if it is with your lawyer ask him
to send you a copy; Looks like you mave to go with some other
lawyer; I just thought

Thanks

Thank you closetogc

I have I485 applied 6 months ago. Can I go to local INS office apply for new EAD and get it on same day? or new EAD received date has to pass 90 days to get iEAD? Thanks for your help.

Do as the 1st says

You get to take the receipts of both 485 and EAD. Usually INS local offices accept EAD applications only after 90 days of EAD receipts. You will be fine.

Thanks

But the question is if I apply for new EAD I\'ll not have an EAD received date that past 90 days. Means after applying for new EAD I\'ve to wait 90 days to go to tha local INS? I am confused. Thanks for any responses.

No Title

dude, don\'t complicate it. Take your receipts (485 and EAD) from 6 months ago (or whenever you received them) to local INS office, and based on that they may issue you EAD card.

ice cool is correct. and dont complicate

few peopled got even after few days( withing 90 days) with the I-485 receipt notice. If you want to try before 90 days try it before 90 days. But it is recommended to approach local centre after 90 days of i-485 receipt date. here dont confuse with the EAD receipt notice.

Once you apply for EAD to Service centre and approach local centre( before or after 90 days) the local center may not give EAD giving reason " YOur application is already with the service centre"

Correct if i am wrong