Why ADIT stamping resumed by USCIS?

gcard2002

Registered Users (C)
10/22/2004: USCIS Local Offices Resumes ADIT Stamping (Temporary Evidence of Permanent Resident)

We reported on September 7, 2004 that the USCIS local offices launched a new procedure of issuing the plastic "green card" in one week after approval of the I-485 and this was made possible because of change of the plastic card production system from manual processing of biometric identifier to digital processing of biometric identifier and automation of the production process through the computer. Along with the change came its cease of the traditional practice of stamping of the approval of permanent residence in the applicants' passports after the interview based on the premises that the applicants would receive the plastic card in the mail in one week. However, it turned out that the delivery of the plastic card required three (3) weeks to be produced and delivered to the new permanent residents. During the three-week period, they have experienced all kinds of difficulty for lack of proof of legal status. At the end of interview, the I-94, EAD, and Advance Parole were lifted by the officers and in the interim, they lacked I-9 compliance evidence and they could not apply for a driver license or social security number. It goes without saying that they were unable to travel outside of the U.S. even on emergency. For the employment-based 485 applicants, they posssessed I-485 approval notice but it had no legal force of proof of permanent residence nor permit for travel until the ADIT stamping was obtained.

Pending the technical achievement of goal of producing the card in three days and delivered to the new permanent resident in one week altogether as initially planned, the USCIS has announced that it was resuming the practice of placing ADIT stamp in the passport upon approval of the green card application. ADIT stamp is accepted for I-9 compliance and driver license application as well as international travelling. Good deed! Please click here for the USCIS announcement.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/adit_10_21_04.pdf

gcard2002 said:
10/22/2004: USCIS Local Offices Resumes ADIT Stamping (Temporary Evidence of Permanent Resident)

We reported on September 7, 2004 that the USCIS local offices launched a new procedure of issuing the plastic "green card" in one week after approval of the I-485 and this was made possible because of change of the plastic card production system from manual processing of biometric identifier to digital processing of biometric identifier and automation of the production process through the computer. Along with the change came its cease of the traditional practice of stamping of the approval of permanent residence in the applicants' passports after the interview based on the premises that the applicants would receive the plastic card in the mail in one week. However, it turned out that the delivery of the plastic card required three (3) weeks to be produced and delivered to the new permanent residents. During the three-week period, they have experienced all kinds of difficulty for lack of proof of legal status. At the end of interview, the I-94, EAD, and Advance Parole were lifted by the officers and in the interim, they lacked I-9 compliance evidence and they could not apply for a driver license or social security number. It goes without saying that they were unable to travel outside of the U.S. even on emergency. For the employment-based 485 applicants, they posssessed I-485 approval notice but it had no legal force of proof of permanent residence nor permit for travel until the ADIT stamping was obtained.

Pending the technical achievement of goal of producing the card in three days and delivered to the new permanent resident in one week altogether as initially planned, the USCIS has announced that it was resuming the practice of placing ADIT stamp in the passport upon approval of the green card application. ADIT stamp is accepted for I-9 compliance and driver license application as well as international travelling. Good deed! Please click here for the USCIS announcement.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/adit_10_21_04.pdf

Where did you get this information from, any link ?