Who's getting RFEs?

MN_Gal

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to make some sense of who is likely to get an RFE and who isn't. I personally sent 2 years worth of tax returns and paychecks and employment letter when I filed for I-485. Which was more than a year ago (RD=December, 01). I didn't have my 2001 or 2002 tax returns at that point in time. Does that mean that I am going to get an RFE for tax returns? But it is the same story for all November 01 and December 01 cases. Still, not everyone is getting an RFE. So, what makes you more likely to trigger one?

Any thoughts?

Possible reasons are :

1.Sheer luck.
2. Just to show us that the BCIS is doing 'some work'.
3. Maybe your skill-set on your labor or experience letters show some skill that is out of vogue, because of the tech scene.
4. To prove continuity of work so that you dont become a burden on the govt.

Regardless, what I do not understand is why are they interested in the past earnings when the GC is all about future employment by the sponsoring company.

RD 11/30/01
AD 04/22/03
EAC-02-063-5....

I submitted the same stuff you did, but like you, I didn't have the 2001 and 2002 tax return ready at that time.

Here are my two cents. I think that if you work for a firm that had large layoffs that there publicly announced that this might trigger an RFE for employment letter and paystubs. Also, if you moved to a new city this might also trigger an RFE. Also, if you have dependents that you support with your income than the INS might want to verify that you earn enough before they approve your GC.

If you look at rupnet today and yesterday all the EAC cases that were approved had no RFE. These folks are mostly November filers so they had no 2001 and 2002 tax returns ready at the time they filed. Therefore I think these tax return are not an issue.

OK, just spoke to my lawyer. She said that I shouldn't worry about moving to another state, I am covered by AC 21. Baltimore officers are just crooks. But I do need to notify Vermont about the change of employers .:mad: That's a new guideline provided by INS. Most likely I'll get an RFE. She doesn't think I'll get transfered though. I moved from PA to MN.

helge's insight makes sense to me.

Both me and my wife got RFE issued on Apr 28. Yet to receive the notice.

We moved to another state within 3 months of filing I-485. My wife is a homemaker.

Is it normal for both Primary & Derivative to get RFE?

I don't know because I don't have any dependants on my application (my daughter is a citizen and my husband already has a greencard). I am the only unlucky one in my family.

I found that yesterday RFE is issued to me in ONLINE. Mine is straight case working with same employer & living at same address.
Only thing I can think of is Medicals are submited later on Dec'02.
But Kids did not get RFE so do not know the probable cause !!!!

It all looks pretty random unless we can collect some statistics and try to detect a pattern.

I have suggested this before - how about starting a thread where all (hopefully) RFE recipients can report details of their RFE and, if possible, their strategy to resolve it.

Maybe those smart scriptwriters can find a way to keep this proposed RFE tracker current so that it always appears on top of page 1.

RD 1/17/03
EAD renewed 2/13/03

My lawyer too said that AC21 can be applied

Originally posted by MN_Gal
OK, just spoke to my lawyer. She said that I shouldn't worry about moving to another state, I am covered by AC 21. Baltimore officers are just crooks. But I do need to notify Vermont about the change of employers .:mad: That's a new guideline provided by INS. Most likely I'll get an RFE. She doesn't think I'll get transfered though. I moved from PA to MN.

He asked me not to bother because changing states should not matter. I will be moving across many states in just a month. AC 21 law can be applied if need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
MN_gal

Originally posted by MN_Gal

Can I know who is the lawyer?

I also filed my AC21 after my job change and l too feel I will be getting RFE and my lawyer advise the same to me.

I think at this point,,, one of the 485 filers must have found someone who works at INS and take an officer for a date and find out what the process is for employment RFE's

Until that happens: According to my Lawer, from Boston, Kauffman O'sullivan & Freedman.... Most employment RFE is random and a mere 5% receives them. No patterns exist except.... 5%. Its rare, if true, that a person got denied for employment RFE.

Ciao