Whom should I write letter to regarding status inquiry.. Please help

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to write a letter to the Senator/Congressman so as to expedite and look into my case status - My PD has been current now for over 5 months - and there has'nt been any status updates online. It's been an agonizing journey so far - and I am hoping this letter stuff might help a bit..

I work for a Boston - based Company and my case was filed from Boston at VSC. But I moved to New York State last year - my case is still at VSC. So I am confused as to which state's Senator/Congressman should I write letter to.. NY (where i am living currently) or MA (where i used to live and where my case was filed from)??? Experts please suggest...

Also I will greatly appreciate if someone can post some links to sample letters to Senator/Congressman for making such requests/inquiries.

Thanks

Aakash,

I think you have to write to the NY senator or congressman serving your district.

Look at postings by TOXSCI (might be under TSC or I-485 general issues). He has a template for letters to senator/congressman etc.

He suggested that wait for FOIPA "no record" report before writing to the senators.

Ajay

What is FOIPA??? How would I get it??

My company is MA-based and I used to live in MA - so all that does'nt matter - I should write to the senator/congressman who serves the district where I currently live - Is that correct???

Please suggest

aakash-write to Senator Clinton`s office-they seem to be very helpful-but write a letter-send by mail/fax and then call them up after a week or two.
U can also try Schummer but his office doesn`t let u followup and they ask for 3 months time before they give any reply.
Clinton`s office will let you make enquiries to them

Thanks indidoc,

But like akayal1973 wrote to wait for FOIPA - what is it?

I am concerned about which senator to write to (NY's senator or MA's senator) as it's been only a bit over 6 months since I moved to NY from MA. My case was filed from Boston, MA at VSC and my company is a Boston-based Company. Being a consultant, for a person in my position who might have to move to different state every now-and-then based on contract opportunity whom should I write letter to????

For the time being I am in NY for another 6 months until my contract with the client last after that I might have to move to a different state. So please suggest what would be the most appropriate way to approach this as I do not wan't my case to get further delayed as a result of this.... all I wan't to figure out is why my case has'nt been approved yet - it's been almost 6 months since my PD became current.

Also anyone provide me with the links to some good letters written to Senator for the same purpose...

Thanks

The senators will take up cases of only people who are residing in their district or area they represent-so if u r physically in NY ,try NY.Also the FOIPA can be done urself-but taht will only tell u if they have anything on record-meaning if there is any case(which FBI investifgated) in which ur name figured.
It won`t tell u if ur namecheck was done,recd or is being processed.
Atleast that is what my understanding is.
In any case give them a little bit of time-eventhough ur PD is 6 months now-if ur FP was just done-VSC is moving at snail`s pace and so we`ll just have to be patient

Thanks indidoc, there's no doubt that VSC is moving at snail's pace - but it's almost 15 months since my FP were done - also had my medicals done almost 2 years back - So I am concerned that I might have to do both FP and medicals again.. but just hoping to get approved before any of these become invalid...

How long are the fingerprints valid? My fingerprints were done in early August 2005, and the results of fingerprints check were received by USCIS on August 15, 2005.

As of today, my priority date has been current for exactly 3 months.

The fingerprints are valid for only 15 months. I did my FP in apr 2005, and just last month my FBI NC cleared. Now I was on brink of approval, when they sent me a FP notice, since my FP expired. I did FP last week.

indidoc said:
In any case give them a little bit of time-eventhough ur PD is 6 months now-if ur FP was just done-VSC is moving at snail`s pace and so we`ll just have to be patient

But in my case the FP were done almost 15 months back - so how much more time do you think VSC might need??? Is this normal??

Also writing a letter to Senator - can it result in case getting transferred to local office? If so, then is it a good thing or bad??

Thanks

Can some one please posts more links to generalised sample letters written to state senators/congressman..

Thanks

Aakash28 said:
What is FOIPA??? How would I get it??

My company is MA-based and I used to live in MA - so all that does'nt matter - I should write to the senator/congressman who serves the district where I currently live - Is that correct???

Please suggest
Please refer to the attached file in the following thread for steps to follow to get FOIPA report and there is a draft template too..hope it helps.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932
Good luck,

Thanks Toxsci,

But the sample letter that you have is very different from my case scenario - I wan't a letter that is more generalised. I am a simple software engineer working as a consultant - Mine is a labor substitution EB3 case. Have recently moved from MA to NY state - so can't say that I have contributed to state's economy etc...So what can I write in my letter to Senator??? (Hillary Clinton).

All I need to know is why has my case not been approved yet? And is there something that the Senator's office can do to get my case approved sooner.

It's been almost 6 months since my PD became current, FP were done almost 15 months back, medicals were done almost 20 months back. MY I-485 RD is March 2005 and my wife's RD is Jul 2005 - her FP were done in Aug 2005 and medicals in Jan 2006 (after receiving a medical RFE on her case).

Experts please help... the wait is killing me...it's been a hard journey, have been barely hanging on with this job for the past 6 years.

Thanks