Whole Lotta Love : Victory on I-485 Backlog Reduction, Next Fight, and Goodbye ...

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
The latest USCIS CSC Processing Time report was posted today on 8/18/2004,
and I-485 processing date was moved to 1/15/2003.

I believe we have won the I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
so we have archieved the first goal.

I am shifting the focus of my fight toward the next target.
I think the current immigration system is the last slavery in the United States,
and my final goal of this fight is the Liberty of Immigrants.

I will leave this I-485 CSC forum soon but stay in ImmigrationPortal.COM for a while.

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

20th August 2004, 02:56 PM

Thanks for your hearty words.
I am really pleased to have read your messages.

I have been posting 4500+ messages at ImmigrationPortal.COM so far,
but I have not been spending so much time here as most of you think.
I think that 60% of my messages are related with Project Ocean,
and 30% are related to Project Kashmir.
Actually, I had been sometime asked some specific questions
but usually I could not give them any answers nor simply I had no idea.

So, I have been focusing the fight for immigrants,
especially I-485 applicants because I was one of them,
against the injustice of the U.S. government including USCIS,
rather than Q&A or discussions at the forum.

I think it is just a matter of priorities.
Every person has one's own list of priorties, and I have my own list.
Of course, I have been spending more time for my job and my family rather than immigration issues.

Now, I completed all my works for I-485 backlog reduction at the CSC,
and I am currently working on:
1) I-140 CSC backlog issue with I-140 CSC forum members
2) H.R. 3701 and V Visa issue with V Visa forum members
We will attend Mike Honda's (D CA 15) town hall meetings next week.

And, I plan to work on:
3) I-140 and AC-21 issue based Fujie Ohata's memo - nationwide campaign
4) Amendment of Section 316(a)(1) of INA about 5-year residential requirement for Naturalization
I will follow up Zoe Lofgren, and visit Anna Eshoo's Palo Alto office.

The future target may include:
5) Amendment of U.S. Constitution about Voting Rights of LPRs

As I wrote before, my final goal of this fight is Liberty of Immigrants
because I think the current immigration system is the last slavery in the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has visited this forum in the last couple of years will remember you for a long time. I salute your energy, focus and dedication. I am sure most folks will acknowledge that you played a BIG role in publicizing our immigrant community issues which has resulted in more 485 cases getting adjudicated each passing month.

Well done! Good luck!

Kashmir,

Looks like you along with Rajiv and supports have finally shown that
'Everything can be won, if our fight is for the right reason, and selfless(Freedom is not free after all!.).
Your stamina for service is highly admirable.
Hope you and others who have all received their approvals in a spate,
(seems as if a new ploy to keep you guys out of the GC process threads!)
continue the fight for Liberty of immigrants with the same zeal.
Hope you 140_takes_forever, pinnacle_man, desi_bartender and others are available in the citizenship forums for advice.
Wish you all GC getters lots of luck and happiness, in whatever you do( now that same job description is not required :p ).

kashmir said:
I think the current immigration system is the last slavery in the United States,

I will leave this I-485 CSC forum soon but stay in ImmigrationPortal.COM for a while.

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

Thank you so much for all the years and months of efforts u put into the I485 cause. I hope your leaving 485 CSC is just a bye for now and not goodbye. So in moving onto the next project, pls kindly visit once in a while to remind the neophites how hard you and the others (140 takes forever, silly man, pinacle man and many more) fought to get to where we are today but also to introduce them your next great project. Once again Thank you very much for all your efforts. You will be missed.

You did a great job Kashmir! You helped a lot to I-485 community. I wish you good luck for your future projects.

Kudos Kashmir

Your focus on reaching the goal and like someone mentioned, your energy and dedication to bring a change is really admirable.

I will personally remember you until i remember the pain i went through to get the GC ( which hopefully is eternal, cause it gives me strength to fight and reach my target).

N'Joy

Salute to you. Great thanks for ur incessant hardworking.

Hi Kashmir,
I think all guys here are very indebted to you for ur hardworking and unselfish help to anyone who needs it. We'll miss you and hope you will sometimes comeback to share the joys and pains with us again.
Though as the first generation of new immigrants we've suffered a lot during the past days, however, with the great encouragement and efforts from you and Rajiv, we're closing to the other end of the dark "immigration" tunnel. I believe everyone here will finally have a "peace" in his/her own heart. God bless everyone here. And I wish everyone will get his/her final approval tomorrow or in the very near future.

Thanks to Kashmir and Rajiv again.

Goodbye is not easy to someone like Kashmir

Although I don't except that USCIS is processing Jan 2003 cases. There are many many 2002 pending cases. But I strongly agree to the fact that Kashmir has contributed a lot for immigration community.
Kashmir,
Thanks for all your efforts. I hope you could have stayed here longer, but I guess you have lot more to do. I wish you all the best and hope to find you somewhere doing next great job.

-Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####

How about us?

kashmir said:

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

Thanks a lot kashmir for all the unselfish, self initiates help rendered to
the whole legal immigrants. I was able to meet you last time in person.
Hey by the way are you leaving us I mean 140 forum?

Hope you will join me at MH August 23rd town hall meeting in santa clara.

I usually don't become sentimental. But, I have learnt from you a lot, and benefited from your efforts a lot.

Thanks a lot. Best wishes.

from a VSC member....THANKS

Thanks Kashmir, for all your efforts, including motivating me to send out those letters, emails and faxes, which I am hooked on to now. I would join you and other's effort for citizenship...but that's after my approval of GC :) for which I am waiting for over 27 months.

sgi

Kashmir:

Thanks for your wonderful efforts here.

Wish you success in whatever you choose to do next :)

Come by once in a while and "see" us here.

What is your next project?
BlackDog :)

There is so much to say. But...all I want to say

Thank You Thank You Thank You

kashmir said:

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

kashmir said:

Thank you so much,
-kashmir

Kashmir,

I am sure I am speaking on behalf of the immigrant community when we say that this fight would not have been possible if you had not taken the lead. I absolutely appreciate your humility, leadership and hard work. Though some people did not like your tactics, I think that it was absolutely necessary given the poor participation levels. Anyway, a leader is not always loved by all.

Here is wishing you the very best in life.

Warm regards,

Kashmir,

I sincerely believe the lawsuit was responsible for the reduction of I485 backlog and stopage of unnecessary RFEs. Some of us did reap the benefit of your hard work. Thank you and all the best in your future projects!

SGM

Kashmir,

Thank you for your efforts and contribution to immigration community. I hope you will continue to support us in reduction of I-140 backlog.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Just a thought!!

Would like to make only one statement!

This world would be a much better place to live in, if there more people like you, kashmir.

And you have done enough for the community, and it is upto the community to start fighting its own battles!

Wishing you luck in whatever you would like to do! And lots of peace!