Who will get the approval Notice?

octFiler

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My employer filed my 140/485, there is no lawyer involved. I got my 485 approved last week, who will get the notice now, my employer or me?

Thanks in advance,
octFiler.

You may get a Courtesy copy

Usually the original copy goes to Your Attorney/Representative. You will receive a Courtesy Copy of the same if you have Attorney/Representative to represent you.

I am speaking from my personal experience. The approval notice envelope is addressed to the Representative (because we do not have a lawyer to represent us, a senior person from corporate office will represent us). To my home I received a Courtesy Copy. Even the notice stated the same.

I really do not know where it they will send if you do not have either of them, probably it will come directly to you.

Thnaks for the replies.

Though my 485 is approved this monday, derivative's(wife) 485 is not approved yet,does any body has similar experience?

also how long did it take for you to get the notice once it is approved?

Thanks,
octFiler.

Since no lawyer filled your 485, you will get the original 485 approval notice. Your employer may have fileld 140/485 togather, but 485 is your application not your employers, and since he won't be representing you for the 485 application like attornies do, you will get the original approval notice.

your 140 approval notice would have gone to your employer, because 140 is filled by your employer not you.

You should usually get it in a week or so, but wait till 14 days, and if you still didn't get your approval notice call the 800 number and ask them to send you a new one.

Also I am not sure if you can just take a print out of the onlie case status and go and get your passport stamp. Maybe someone did that and can let you know.