Who to contact in Pittsburgh ?

new1975

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Who is the local congressman/senator to contact in Pittsburgh for letting them know to act on the 485 case ?. Has anyone contacted before some in Pittsburgh and has it been any helpful ?.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Senetor

Here are the details:

Sen. Arlen Specter
(R-Pennsylvania)
Address:
Federal Building
1000 East Liberty Avenue - Suite 2031
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 644-3400 (V)

Let me know what happened? I am also from PIT.

LSB

Contact

Senator: Rick Santorum.
I don't know if you guys know me, but I am a very old member of this wonderful forum. I come in when i get time and try to help people to the best of my knowledge.

Send a short Mail to : The Senator.

(His aide Ms. Allison handles the senator's Immigration Issues.
She is very good and they helped me a lot.)

Just mention the details of you case with the RD, ND and your contact Phone number. She will get back to you and may ask you to fax a mail authorizing the Senator's office to deal with your case.

To the best of my knowledge, Senator Specter does not handle issues with INS.
Wishing you the very best.

Thank you guys !!. I think I will contact first Rick Santorum as FutureGen1 seems to have first hand experience.

FutureGen1 when did you get approved ?. Let me know.

Thanks again

FutureGen1,

I did send an email last night to Santorum and his assistant Irwine did get back to me asking about the details about my case. At least they cared to read my message and return a call.

But I don't know if this will help a lot ?. What do you think ? Did something positive happend with your case ?.

Thanks,

new1975, forget about the email, just walk down to one of his office with details, I also had very nice experience with Senator Santorum. If you can, take ur spouse with u.

dukhiman,

did your case get approved after contacting the senator ?. does he have a office in pittsburgh (I can find that out, but incase you know off hand let me know the directions).

I called the National Service center today and they also told me that they are processing March 20th cases and my case has past that date !.

to new1975

new1975 - Did you send mail to Santorum using his website ? I tried that and no reply ? Or do you have his email address ?

QUOTE]Originally posted by new1975
FutureGen1,

I did send an email last night to Santorum and his assistant Irwine did get back to me asking about the details about my case. At least they cared to read my message and return a call.

But I don't know if this will help a lot ?. What do you think ? Did something positive happend with your case ?.

Thanks,
[/QUOTE]

aug3102,

Yes I went to the site and sent an email, and the next day I had got a call from his assistant Christine and she asked me to email my details, which I did. After that I have not heard anything. But yes the senators assitant got back to me the next day.

If you don't hear anything, I would say you can just stop by at his office with your application details and a small note and drop it to his assistant, no harm in trying anything if ur case has been pending for long. But your ID seems your case is of Aug 02, if thats true u r quite far, you have not even completed 18 months (the standard time frame). Anyway...its your prejudice.

Thanks

Sorry for delay

The Senator's office will make contact with the Vermont / Natioinal Service.
They are very prompt in responding and will call you back once they have an answer.
Please understand that they are also helpless; the only consolation is that The Adjuducating Officers are now aware that a Senator's office is interested in your case, and this helps.

It did help me a lot; to answer your question: Yes my case was approved after a RFE; The senator's office were contacting INS even before the RFE and forewarned me of the RFE. After Response, I called them again and gave them the details of the response.They followed up again ;Was approved very quickly.

My first Son's case was stuck after our approval; They misplaced the File and I had to recreate it with photo copies;Finally after a year, that too was approved with the help of the follow up from the Senator's office.
Since this is the Holiday season, they may be on vacation, so please be patient; I have confidence in this Senator's office.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contacted Rick Santorum Office

My case was transfered to local INS office, I contacted Rick Santorum Office to help me find the status on my 485 application. They contacted me back with in 2 weeks stating the INS Local Office is in process sending me interview notice soon, keeping fingers cossed until I get the interview call.

Allison, member of Rick Santorum office was helpful. She told me to wait for one month, if did not hear until then she will follow up it again with INS office.

thanks

ND 11/2001
Transfered Date: 08/2003
AD: ?????