Who to contact in Chicago regarding 485 issues in VSC

GCDEC2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Did anybody from Chicago contact their Senator or Congressmen regarding 485 issues in VSC.

Would appreciate if someone could share thier experience or send some information regarding this.

RD:12/21/01
ND:01/04/02
FP1:01/2_/02
FP2:08/16/03(Message not yet updated)

Thanks
Sanjay

hi, dengdeng, vijayrc, dukhiman and all other senior/junior/new members.

Do you all have any info on this subject.

Thanks
Sanjay

I contacated Congresswoman Judy Biggert

Sanjay,

I contacted congress woman Judy Biggert. Their office was
very prompt in getting back to me after speaking to INS Vermont.
I am in Chicago with 485 at Vermont. You can find her contact
details at www.house.gov

Ajay

RD - 12/18/01
ND - 01/03/02
FP1 - 02/08/08
FP2 - 05/22/03
EAD3, AP3, AD - Waiting

For Ajay92

Hi Ajay,

Sorry to bother you, had a quick question, did you meet Judy in person, or spoke to her on the phone. Does one need to make any appointments or can just walkin with all his/her 485 details.

Also how did you choose her, is it because of your zip code. As per my zip code, I can't see her name, found out that Judy covers areas like Naperville and other suburbs.

I live in the city and as per my zip code, I am getting some other person. So can I still go and contact Judy or have to contact only the person that covers your zip code.

Appreciate your time

Thanks
Sanjay

congressmen

Hi Sanjay,

Try to contact your local congressmen, senators won't help, as they are big shots..:eek:

General:

What I heard they do help you out. I know couple of my frieds were approved fast because of their help.

For me:

I tried, they(office) are very good in talking, they say we do want to help but your case is normal, now a day they are taking 24-26 months and your case is 23+ month old, so wait for another 15-30 days and if your case is not approved, let us know and we'll write to BCIS on behalf of you.

:(

* First find your district # and then based on that try to find your congressmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy Biggert

Sanjay,

I am in Naperville, IL. By default the house.gov search took to me to Judy Biggert. I went to her web site and downloaded a form.
(I forgot the name). The form can be found under 'Help with Govt Agencies' tab. I filled in the form with a brief explanation and mailed it to her on 29th Sep with copies of our 485 receipts. Their office called me at home on 4th Oct after speaking to INS Vermont.

Hope this helps..

Ajay