Who signs form XXII? This is a requirement for OCI CGI-NY now.

Please check the NY consulate site. They have updated the instruction and the form for getting the surrender certificate. It is little clearer now. Particularly the form and who to sign etc.

Now they are asking us to send copies of Naturalization certificates ..Making copies of naturalization certificates is illegal ..Its cleary printed in the Naturalization certificate

Please check the NY consulate site. They have updated the instruction and the form for getting the surrender certificate. It is little clearer now. Particularly the form and who to sign etc.

Hi Karthik,
There are 2 places in the form where signatures are required, can you pl let me know if we need to sign at one place and the Notary will sign on the second page or we need to sign at both the places.

thanks
dkagc

Now they are asking us to send copies of Naturalization certificates ..Making copies of naturalization certificates is illegal ..Its cleary printed in the Naturalization certificate

Well, the first question i asked the USCIS guy after receiving the naturalization certificate was this, since we need to send the original for passport etc and in case its lost. He said its okay to copy it. So i guess its okay to photo copy it. Again its upto you.

Hi Karthik,
There are 2 places in the form where signatures are required, can you pl let me know if we need to sign at one place and the Notary will sign on the second page or we need to sign at both the places.

thanks
dkagc

I have the same question. I guess we need to sign at both the places in front of a notary and get notary signature at the bottom of the second page. I am not 100% sure though. Mann....why can't the consulate make this form simple and clearer. Or at least give some good customer support(for the fee we pay) so that we can call and clarify.

Just want to let the folks now..I asked the similar question about copying the Naturalization certificate during Oath ceremony. You can make a copy of the certificate but it is for your personal use only - in case if you lose the original.