Who sends the FP Notice?

LIN04

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends!
Can you please tell me who sends the FP Notice? Looking at the tracker many people who have applied in June 2004 have already received the FP notice, but I did not receive mine though my reciept date for 485/EAD/AP is May 19 2004. I understand cases are processed randomly, but wanted to check if my residence in Virginia has to do anything with the delay.

Please advise..

Thanks in advance

My ND was May 25,'04 and I haven't recd the finger print notice either. I got my EAD/AP approved 2 weeks back but no sign of FP notice. FYI - I live in North Carolina - I guess not far from LIN04...

Last edited by a moderator:
neo rags,
Atleast you have your EAD/AP in your hand! Congrats!!

I heard that the FP notices are sent by local office (USCIS/INS), so if somebody can confirm this, atleast I will have an idea how long it might take to get the FP. As I HAVE to change my current residence..this is becoming stressful day by day..so gurus pls respond.

Hi, I live in Florida and my employer is in Iowa. I got FP notice from Texas Service center even though My attorney filed papers to Nebraska center.

I hope this helps.

Thanks teddy for the info!

Can any resident of Virginia with GC filed in NSC and have received FP post your case please!!! I verified the tracker and unfortunately none from VA has listed there...thanks all

LIN04 said:
Thanks teddy for the info!

Can any resident of Virginia with GC filed in NSC and have received FP post your case please!!! I verified the tracker and unfortunately none from VA has listed there...thanks all

I live in NY state and filed I-140/485 at NSC. Received the FP notice from Vermont Service Center and completed the FP at Buffalo local office.

FP notice is issued by the Service Center applicable to your residence.

Got Fingerprints Notice from Vermont Center

GURUs
My case was filed concurrently in Nebraska service center, yesterday me and my wife got fingerprint notice from Vermont service center.We got our EAD and AP from Nebraska center. Does that mean case has been (I 140 and I 485) transferred to Vermont service center?

Lokesh_mr said:
I live in NY state and filed I-140/485 at NSC. Received the FP notice from Vermont Service Center and completed the FP at Buffalo local office.

FP notice is issued by the Service Center applicable to your residence.

Lokesh_mr,
could you share with us your dates (ND, RD, FP notice date etc.) ?
I have applied in NSC and I am in Virginia. For some reason I received a new set of receipt notices with new dates, see #233 in the following link:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140052&page=16&pp=15

sra123 said:
Lokesh_mr,
could you share with us your dates (ND, RD, FP notice date etc.) ?
I have applied in NSC and I am in Virginia. For some reason I received a new set of receipt notices with new dates, see #233 in the following link:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140052&page=16&pp=15

I have filed for my I-140/I-485/I-131/I-765 concurrently during first week of May 04. My details are as follows:

RD: 05/07/2004
ND: 05/14/2004
FP done: 07/30/2004 (Case status updated in a weeks time abt FP completion)
EAD and AP are approved for both myself and my wife.

Case details

My case 485,140,131 and 765 was filed on 05/07/2004 (RD) i guess ND was 05/17/2004. I live VA.

Lokesh_MR,
Your case is also similar to my case, you also got FP from Vermont. One of my friend also filed in Nebraska and he lives in VA but he said he got FP notice from Nebraska. Can you please give me more details about FP Notice? Do you know if my case has been transferred to Vermont or not?

Thanks

Lokesh_MR & ph_mani
It's interesting to note that one may receive FP notices from NSC or VSC at random.
I hope that would not affect the pace of approvals at least.

ph_mani said:
My case 485,140,131 and 765 was filed on 05/07/2004 (RD) i guess ND was 05/17/2004. I live VA.

Lokesh_MR,
Your case is also similar to my case, you also got FP from Vermont. One of my friend also filed in Nebraska and he lives in VA but he said he got FP notice from Nebraska. Can you please give me more details about FP Notice? Do you know if my case has been transferred to Vermont or not?

Thanks
Ph_mani,
I don't think our cases are transfered to VSC.
VSC just issued the FP notice. I would be very happy if they transfer my case to VSC. Because the processing times are faster at VSC :p

Re: FP Notices

Lin004:

I received my FP notices on 30th October, 2004. My ND is 2nd July, 2004. I live in Virginia. Hope that helps.

Thanks,