Who processes which application?

gc-thro-spouse

Registered Users (C)
I am sure this has already been discussed before. Sorry if it's a repeat, but can someone tell which office processes what form?

I-485?
I-130?
I-131?
I-765?

Also, how would we know that the Chicago lockbox has forwarded the forms to these offices?

Thanks.

Get your head out of your butt...

gc-thro-spouse said:
I am sure this has already been discussed before. Sorry if it's a repeat, but can someone tell which office processes what form?

I-485?
I-130?
I-131?
I-765?

Also, how would we know that the Chicago lockbox has forwarded the forms to these offices?

Thanks.

What difference does it make? I think it is a silly question to ask in the first place. I wonder if you ever ask a McDonald employee as to who cut the cheese for your Big Mac, and who cut your beef.

So, focus on things which are important to your immigration situation. People know that their forms are processed because they get receipt, is that simple enough for you? Oh.... maybe you want to know who courier all the files to the district office right? :confused:

I never really found out where each application went to to get processed. All I know is, I sent them all to the Chicago lockbox at the same time, and then they were sent to California for processing :)

actually I have the same question also.
Because it can help us know which office's process date we can use us our reference.

From some of the discussion in this forum, I am not sure if I am right, but here is what someone said.
For EAD, we check NBC
For I-485, we check DO
I am not sure where is the I-130 or what service center do :eek:

peace...peace...we all just want to figure out things :eek:

No worries, it's normal to wonder :)

I was under the impression that all the applications would be sorted in Chicago where the I130 would be processed, at which point all would be sent to the District Office. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that. Lol.

cindywang16 said:
actually I have the same question also.
Because it can help us know which office's process date we can use us our reference.

From some of the discussion in this forum, I am not sure if I am right, but here is what someone said.
For EAD, we check NBC
For I-485, we check DO
I am not sure where is the I-130 or what service center do :eek:

peace...peace...we all just want to figure out things :eek:
I totally agree. It's a very important question. Gc-thro-spouse, I am SO sorry that some posters here can be so rude sometimes...

Cindywang16 is right - it's NBC for EAD and DO for I-485. I-130 is normally processed at a Service Center, but I'm not sure how it works in case of a concurrent filing. I didn't file I-131, but they are processed by NBC as well.

Good luck! :)

As far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong, anyone), all applications are forwarded to your corresponding District Office, then, after you are fingerprinted, they approve I765 or I131 and send it to NBC for further processing OR you get your interview, based on the decision they take they approve all corresponding applications and send to NBC for further processing because sometimes they will void your EAD and AP applications in your interview if your security checks are cleared and they approve your GC.

garrulito said:
As far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong, anyone), all applications are forwarded to your corresponding District Office, then, after you are fingerprinted, they approve I765 or I131 and send it to NBC for further processing OR you get your interview, based on the decision they take they approve all corresponding applications and send to NBC for further processing because sometimes they will void your EAD and AP applications in your interview if your security checks are cleared and they approve your GC.
Wow, that's really interesting, I've never heard of it! Man, they sure do have a complicated process there... :)

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but what it seems to boil down to:

There are three entities that process all family-based immigration applications, depending on how they are filed (in person, by mail, together, separate, etc.)

Lockbox facility - An initial processing/Sorting Station
District Office - Further/Final Processing/In-person Filing - Closest to where you live
NBC - Entity created to facilitate any of the above to decrease/get rid of the backlog as the president requested.

IMHO, The only place you should be looking for processing dates is your district office.

Last edited by a moderator: