• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Who is scared of the interview?

mia22

Registered Users (C)
To be honest, I am a little bit scared of the interview. My husband and I will have an interview in Sofia, Bulgaria this October. We live in the US now and are on H1B visas. We will not have problems proving financial security since we already have jobs and savings. We even own a house. However, I am scared of the FBI name check. Just reading previous posts, this seems to be a major problem for many people.

Is anyone else scared of being stuck in the FBI name check? Does anyone know when consulates request name checks from the FBI? Maybe as soon as an interview is scheduled.

I am clueless about this.

To be honest, I am a little bit scared of the interview. My husband and I will have an interview in Sofia, Bulgaria this October. We live in the US now and are on H1B visas. We will not have problems proving financial security since we already have jobs and savings. We even own a house. However, I am scared of the FBI name check. Just reading previous posts, this seems to be a major problem for many people.

Is anyone else scared of being stuck in the FBI name check? Does anyone know when consulates request name checks from the FBI? Maybe as soon as an interview is scheduled.

I am clueless about this.

I think its only natural to be nervous, I am sure it will all be fine. You are lucky that you are getting interviewed so quick, I mean at least if there was a problem (which I am sure is extremely unlikely) you still have near on a year to sort it out. If I make it to the interview stage, it most likely won’t be till next August and at that stage any name check hold ups would most definitely cost me dearly. Although I have to say I have an extremely unusual name, a Google search of it brings back loads of about me! So I am hopeful that any name check they perform on me wont flag up any other similar security problem names. This is due mostly to my mother keeping her maiden name along side my fathers name, two names that I have never seen put together before, although there is always a first time! Of course there is no guarantee of this but I like to be optimistic about it :)
I think being Irish will help me too, Ireland and the US have always had a very good relationship. For example did you know that Ireland is (*I think*) the only country in the world where you can clear US immigration at Dublin and Shannon airport? ie. Still on Irish soil? Not many people know that… Its so handy, when you arrive in the US all you have to do is clear customs. My port of entry would be Dublin!!! :) Anyway I am sure you will be just fine. You will be back on here in a few months GC in hand, I bet ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comfort words, Alemitmee. I hope all goes ok. I tend to worry about things too much. My name is also not that common but you never know. Bulgaria also is not known as a country that has problems with name checks. They have a good relationship with US.

Wow, that is so interesting that you can clear US immigration in Dublin. How convenient. I am sure that you will have no problems with the name check. I pray that you get an interview on time and get the green card. :)

I think its only natural to be nervous, I am sure it will all be fine. You are lucky that you are getting interviewed so quick, I mean at least if there was a problem (which I am sure is extremely unlikely) you still have near on a year to sort it out. If I make it to the interview stage, it most likely won’t be till next August and at that stage any name check hold ups would most definitely cost me dearly. Although I have to say I have an extremely unusual name, a Google search of it brings back loads of about me! So I am hopeful that any name check they perform on me wont flag up any other similar security problem names. This is due mostly to my mother keeping her maiden name along side my fathers name, two names that I have never seen put together before, although there is always a first time! Of course there is no guarantee of this but I like to be optimistic about it :)
I think being Irish will help me too, Ireland and the US have always had a very good relationship. For example did you know that Ireland is (*I think*) the only country in the world where you can clear US immigration at Dublin and Shannon airport? ie. Still on Irish soil? Not many people know that… Its so handy, when you arrive in the US all you have to do is clear customs. My port of entry would be Dublin!!! :) Anyway I am sure you will be just fine. You will be back on here in a few months GC in hand, I bet ya!

Actually you also pre-clear US Customs at all major airports in Canada too - just an FYI.

I' not scared very much, but a little bit nervous ;)

@Alemitmee
I keep my fingers crossed that you get a GC and I think all Europeans will have a good chance that all CNs become current.

I' not scared very much, but a little bit nervous ;)

@Alemitmee
I keep my fingers crossed that you get a GC and I think all Europeans will have a good chance that all CNs become current.

Thanks I appreciate that.
At first I was very sceptical but I reckon that I have at least a shot at it. At least I have loads of time to get my documents together! :)
Its mad that the whole thing is starting now, it was soooo stressful when they were debating the immigration reforms in the senate, the whole thing was plastered over the Irish media, I was thinking…. Typical…… after beating the odds and getting a NL after years of trying only to be piped to the post by senate reforms…. I was relieved when they did not make it through. Although there are other bills lurking out there that are targeting the DV, but fingers crossed they wont make it. Thankfully next year is an election year in the US so that is politically disruptive and will hopefully hold off DV assaults till after the next DV or two. ;) give another load of people a chance at a GC.

Actually you also pre-clear US Customs at all major airports in Canada too - just an FYI.

This happens in the Bahamas as well, I read some where of one person whose POE was in the Bahamas before even boarding the plane. Probably other countries also.

Hi all
I am sorry to you all, because I do not know much about visa bulletin, I read on visa bulletin that for october 2007 the number is 5800,, the case number of my wife (she is the winner ) is 2008EU000005.., Is that mean that will will gon interwiuw on this October?
Thank you
Little bit nervous...

Hi all
I am sorry to you all, because I do not know much about visa bulletin, I read on visa bulletin that for october 2007 the number is 5800,, the case number of my wife (she is the winner ) is 2008EU000005.., Is that mean that will will gon interwiuw on this October?
Thank you
Little bit nervous...

Again, yes you will have your interview in October. :)

on the other forum one person (case No 58xx, country Turkey) writes that he called to KCC to learn interview date. KCC informed him/her the interview has been scheduled on 17th October and very soon 2nd letter will be arrived. It maybe changed depending on the country but It seems this year they really speed up the interviews..

name check

What does it mean "FBI name check"? They check my name for what? For any crimes committed on the territory of the USA (if the applicant has visited the USA of course)? Is this a procedure, by which all DV applicants go through when they've been scheduled for an interview? What about if there is another guy, called exactly like me, who has committed crimes?