Who has recently applied for US Passport?I need help from you guys..

Quim Jo

Hi everyone !! Does anyone have an idea about current/recent US passport application timelines. I applied for mine here in Las Vegas area on November 28,2018. I was wondering has anyone here applied for their passport lately because it bothers me a lot especially the US Government Shutdown started at December 22,2018 until January 25,2019...When I call them and check my status online it is still shows the same since last week.
If you applied for both a U.S. Passport Book and a U.S. Passport Card on the same application, the newly issued documents, as well as your returned citizenship evidence, may be mailed to you in separate packages at different times. Therefore, it is possible to receive 3 separate mailings; one with your returned citizenship evidence, one with your newly issued passport book, and one with your newly issued passport card. It is currently being processed.
Your passport application locator number is xxxxxxxxx.
When you applied, you requested Routine Service. See our website for more information on current Processing Times.
We are processing Routine Applications in approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the time of application.
If you are traveling within 2 weeks and have not received your passport and have further questions about the status of your application, you may e-mail or contact the National Passport Information Center with the above locator number. It will enable them to update you on the status of your application.

Not sure how long processing times are, but I'd think you should have gotten the passport by now. Unless the shutdown significantly affected processing, which is possible considering background checks may gave been affected. And applying during the Holiday season likely lengthened processing times too.

Was it a renewal or a new passport. Have you received anything back, like the Naturalization certificate?

Not sure how long processing times are, but I'd think you should have gotten the passport by now. Unless the shutdown significantly affected processing, which is possible considering background checks may gave been affected. And applying during the Holiday season likely lengthened processing times too.

Was it a renewal or a new passport. Have you received anything back, like the Naturalization certificate?
I'm applying for a new passport ....But I haven't receive anything from them..

I'd first check processing times on the official site, followed by contacting them if your case is outside the processing window.

I'd first check processing times on the official site, followed by contacting them if your case is outside the processing window.
I follow up by calling them through phone every week but unfortunately they reached me and send me a voicemail last week that they will going to re-file my application without telling me the explanation.I wait soo long..I don't know what to do now.I'm afraid that i will lose my job offer in abroad.

You need to visit the passport agency yourself and discuss the issue. As you have the application receipt, you don't need an appointment to talk to anybody there. Go straight to the office and someone will surely help you there.