who got approval notice after being intervied at newark?

singapore

Registered Users (C)
guys, I am waiting to hear from the local office after interviewed there three months ago? any of you in the same boat with me. Pleas share you information.

Singapore,

Just curious, did you get the passport stamped after interview or you just are waiting for the approval notice? Please share the experience at the interview with us. It seemed that you did not get passport stamped after interview. Did they tell you the reason if that is case?

Thanks,
sylee

Hi, the officer who interviewed us said our case was approvable. however, she could not stamp on our passport because there is a freeze in I485 process. she told us she will write us the approval letter as soon as things start to move again. That was in last november and now three months later, we have not heard a single word from her. I just want to know if this is special for us because of the officer or it generally happens at newark office.

I am in the same boat as you Singapore. Had the interview late Nov at Newark and did not stamp because of the freeze. Still haven't heard anything. Guess we are a few unlucky ones who got caught in the freeze period.

Hi,
I am in the same situation. My interview in Newark was in Jan2003. The reason for not stamping was due to the Cia check.
I've call Newark today and they have processed a request to know which is the the status of my case. They told me I'll receive something in the mail in 3-4 weeks. We'll see...
Good luck to all!
Malda

hi,

the case is also the same for my wife.she went for her interview on dec 3 2002.the lady stamped pending on her passport, took the I-94 and told us that we will receive the approval notice by first week of Jan 2003 after the FBI/CIA check.but no news after that at all.

i also have no clue what is happening.
malda what is the ph no you called Newark?can you please let me know the number so that i also can all and find out what is happening for my wife's case.

thanks

andrew

My lawyer called the INS local office and found out that the officer that interviewed us was reassigned. So basically she forgot or nobody is taking care of those cases. I am worried that it is a chaos in the local office. and you can not count on them at all. this is so frustrating.

This is really too much... we must be all with the same officer.
Did your layer tell you what is the next step?. What they are going to do???.
Do you have the name of the officer or the initials?. I believe that she gave me a document that her initials were there.
Thanks in advance for your information.
Malda

Last edited by a moderator:
i only know her last name starts with T. I am still waiting here and do not know what to do. the information may not be accurate. you can check youself by calling them, I guess. I feel the local office is worse than the vermont center, maybe because there is no system in tracking the cases and process them in order.

i spoke a person today from the ph no malda gave me.the lady got all the information from me and said i will get a reply in 3-4 weeks.

shall we ask the help of local senator?what do you think?please let me know

andrew

Andrew, How can a local senator help us? would you explain? I am prepared for the worst and I may take any possible action in the future.

go to www.senate.gov , find out the details of the senator and call their office and tell them all your problems.definitely they will be able to help.i am going to talk to them on March 4, because for my wife's case 90 days is going to be up by March 3 according to the receipt they gave after the interview at the INS.

andrew

Andrew, thank you for your information. we will wait for a few weeks before that. Would you please let us know what happens after you call them? I may have to do the same.

same thing happened for me, but at baltimore office. i was interviewed on 10/31 but after that, no more news. i guess local offices are all alike for pending cases, god knows when someone(if there's such a process and such a someone) will look at our cases again. ins service center might have a review process once in a while to resume the pending cases(like those RFEs) and they have every piece of information they need handy (i mean, unlike locals, which need to ask for another transfer or whatever from service center).

i called vsc today and the nice lady gave me the same 3-4 weeks wait message. thanks for letting us know how to push our cases, otherwise i guess our cases will be dusted on the shelf (if not recycle bin) forever.

another thing i'm in doubt is whether the cia check results may only go to the service center only (which makes sense to me because cia doesn't know where our cases are). at the time of our interview, the local officier may not know the result and can't approve it, then the vsc doesn't know local needs this info (unless they push this periodically), eventually it will become a deadlock until somebody finds out (of course, our 'blind' waiting time at expense). just my thoughts.

good luck to everyone!

anybody got any progress or news on this? please. I want to go to the local office individually to talk to the officer, if they let me in. anybody had similar experience?

it would help, only to ease your tension a little bit, but i guess you and i and others are in the same situation --- pending fbi name check, that's what i got from local officer yesterday. the communication system between bcis and fbi looks not good.:mad:

our waiting time = their coffee time = nothing. i strongly support the proposed action for mass government layoffs to improve efficiency. i don't know bcis but ppl from another federal agency, everyday, i see ppl work like coffee --> newspaper --> smoke --> joke --> lunch --> smoke --> smoke-again --> early-home.

day before yesterday somebody from bcis called my wife.they called in response to the call i made on feb 26 to the ins, newark.they asked my wife' s address and told her due to the non availability of her address, they were not able to process her application.

they said we will get a reply in 3-4 weeks.

andrew