• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

who goes first

willis

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC as a beneficiary, the principle applicant is my wife, can I be allowed to leave for th US first then she can follow me later?

Thanx for your answer, but I have a friend who was also a beneficiary but he left before his wife, that was back in 1998, could it be that things changed or what?

willis said:
I got my GC as a beneficiary, the principle applicant is my wife, can I be allowed to leave for th US first then she can follow me later?

My interviewing Consular Officer at US Embassy Kuala Lumpur (early October 2007, DV2007 AS case) informed me that principal applicant must enter first and beneficiaries, if they want, can enter at a later date.

But I noticed during my DV process that at KCC/US Embassy overlooking some of the finer points (clearly stated in instructions) is not unusual. From postings at various forums, it also appears to me that some of the immigration officers at US port of entries may have little idea of what is DV or its detailed procedure.

Therefore, it is advisable for someone to follow the rules in order to avoid potential disappointment or even disaster.

-dreamer