Who can avail I-485 (adjustment of status)

shabbas

Hello,
I have a valid Visitors visa till 2011, my mother has a green card, and she is in the US, so when I reach the US can my mother apply for my immigration from there? I will already be there by that time, So after the 6 months stay period of the visit visa, do I have to come back to my home country and have to wait for the immigration process to take place, or can I stay in US lawfully after the 6 months?
Thanks
Syed Abbas.

Please don't spam the forum with your question.

And no, you mother cannot petition for you until she is a citizen.

Hey If my mother can't apply for me then why is it written in state department website that:-

If the sponsor is a lawful permanent resident, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S.:

Husband or wife, or
Unmarried son or daughter of any age.

Technically thats correct. She can petition for you, but it will take a decade until you are eligible to actually get a green card. So if she petitions for you when you reach the US, you can't stay. You have to leave, you can't come back since you have shown immigrant intent, and you have to wait outside the US for 10 years. Once she is a citizen she can petition for you and you can obtain the green card almost immediately. Citizens are not subject to the wait.

Hey Thanks man, your info was helpful, But Plz tell me If I have any more questions relating to Immigration, where should I post them? in this forum, or someones Email address, Thanks