who bears the costs

sVirgo

Registered Users (C)
Can I get a link for any posting which states that employer should file AOS fees for the employee including his/her family.

Please put some light who bears the cost.

Thank you!

I-485 (AOS) is your petition, so employer doesn't have to pay for you. Although some employers do that.

Yes, my employer paid for me including my family. Now the question auditors are raising that why did he pay for my family.
So I am trying to get some point where it could be proved that it was all together, and it was required to pay for family too(such as to maintain their legal status).

Please give me some feedback.

Thank you!

Auditors? Your employer is not "required" to pay for your 485 or your family's, but if they choose to do so, they are not violating anything either.

Did your hiring manager tell you that he will do your GC and bear all the costs when he/she hired you?
Usually that is all that will be needed - a letter from your manager. I am surprised that they are asking you to justify why the company paid for your family's immigration.

That is why I advise friends to try and get a written letter along with the employment offer that says that the company will pay for the H1/GC etc for them and their immediate family.
A verbal is not sufficient as the hiring manager may not be around when filing time comes; or he/she mave a memory lapse and forget their verbal.

Yes, chitti007, you are right. I remember it was approved in writing but I do not have proof. I did not ask for copy at that time that is my mistake.

Thank you!